What's new
What's new

Probing

shuka

Plastic
IM trying to decide between this Silvercnc (chinese) probe $3,850 for optical probe and tool setter or the Renishaw omp40-2 kit with tool setter $5,750 on a 2003 VF4SS with macros.

First do I connect to the P77 10pin connecter. Or do I use the skip connection with relays. On my 1997 VF2 without macros I used a cheap $300 probe and a cheap $130 tool setter using the skip connection. I use Gcode to probe tools and work offsets. It works pretty well but I know macros will be better especially in the VF4.
What are some of the problems i may encounter using the P77 connection. I know i can probably find more information on connecting the Renishaw but given the year of my machine it may be a problem. I want the macros and the templates for probing which Silvercnc said they will provide to me(hopefully).
So my questions are.
How difficult is it to get the probe macros and VQC probe templates?
Is there something i will need to pay Haas to open?
Which connection should i use and why? (p77 or skip w/relays)
I'm trying not to spend a ton of money and it does not work correctly.
Thank you in advance

I have an 05 VF-2SS with spindle probe and tool presetter. When I get to the shop tomorrow I’ll see what I can help you with.

I know I have all the macros on floppy. I should have the probe documentation also since this machine was purchased new with probing.

Is the macro option turned on for your machine?

I have an 05 VF-2SS with spindle probe and tool presetter. When I get to the shop tomorrow I’ll see what I can help you with.

I know I have all the macros on floppy. I should have the probe documentation also since this machine was purchased new with probing.

Do you have the probing templates also?
you can email me at [email protected]

Any chance it’s a marposs system?
I got some trouble shooting to do on mine and it seems no one has one from haas….

Back