What's new
What's new

problem with onlinemetals.com

I believe the message you're seeing has nothing to do with either your operating system or your browser, and it is not coming from the onlinemetals site.

I just tried to log in, having been there a number of times before, and I get a malware warning notice which originated at Comcast, my Internet Service Provider (ISP).

Others with different ISPs may not be getting notices because their ISP's are unaware of a potential malware problem at OM, and are not sending warnings to their subscribers.

The Comcast warning notice references a Google Safe Browsing diagnostic page that has found suspicious activity on the OM site TODAY.

Google Safe Browsing diagnostic page for onlinemetals.com

Of course, you could also just call them on the phone. :)

-Chris

The site is fine. The software that Google uses to spot malware must have detected a number of factors about the site that led it to erroneously believe it is malware. The same thing happens to me when I try to view any of (un)reliable tools' Ebay listings.

Do you have a suggestion for another online small qty. supplier with better prices?

QB

Online likely has the most comprehensive lineup of sizes, shapes and alloys available with the express purpose of filling small orders. But I use them when I cannot get something any other way. Usually I can find what I want cheaper at Speedy Metals, Enco, Travers and others. As I live near Seattle, there is a company there called Metal Shorts that can often fill small orders at a good price. I have no affiliation with any of the companies referred to by name.

Not only is Online expensive but my other concern is that their service has been spotty over the years with screwed up or late orders occurring too often.

Denis

Back