What's new
What's new

Prototrak SMX rapids default question

barryw

Aluminum
Hi All,
I have a 2 axis retrofit Bridgeport with an SMX controller and as I get to know the machine, I would like to slow down the x and y rapids.I am a hobbyist, so speed is not my top priority. Also, the machine has no limit switches and I don't want to run the vise into the column for example. I have searched all over but I cannot find a way to modify the 150 IPM default setting (other than doing it every time I run a program with the override buttons) I am sure this is in an .ini file somewhere. Has anyone else done any snooping/hacking?
Thanks,
Barry

I'm 99% sure it can be done. I forget how to access the settings page for this stuff... but there's a way to change a ton of default settings in that control. It should be the same page where you specify the pocket stepover % and whatnot. You may consider reaching out to southwestern industries, and tell them what you're looking for.

I'm 99% sure it can be done. I forget how to access the settings page for this stuff... but there's a way to change a ton of default settings in that control. It should be the same page where you specify the pocket stepover % and whatnot. You may consider reaching out to southwestern industries, and tell them what you're looking for.
Thanks, I did find the .ini file that stored the default stepover% but I did not find anything obvious regarding speeds. I will reach out to SW Industries but I am not holding my breath. They did not respond to another request that I sent to them.

Back