What's new
What's new

Prototype Shop

Own prototype shop.
I was think of starting a thread too. So i will share my thoughts here...

Yeah man, i in the same spot, i have machines and knowledge but no contacts and jobs.
(Machines from tape reader era so they are not fast but they make the parts...)
As previously stated the trade has changed alot.

Many "new" guys buy older machines and doing prototype parts in fusion aint that complicated anymore.
I have been in the trade 15+ years.

I see these guys after some year get succesfull too and get nice jobs..atleast it looks so by instagram..haha.

I dont think i have much to offer that is better then what they do when it comes to nice billett parts with 2-3 ops but i do get sometimes tight tolerance work or my cnc lathe and some other wierd stuff but that is not enough to make a living.

Ofcourse i dream of smashing out billett parts day and night but so do 100 others so you and me need to find something else.

I do welding and maintainence work and some electronic so i think i will aim towards that . Atleast i can machine parts when a line is down due failure.

Everything would be easier with good contacts with people who hand out work but that i dont have.

It would be so much easier to make a living of ecu tuning cars and car repairs wich i have done off, but it really doesnt satisfy me as much as metal work .... haha

Sorry for bad english 😀

Thanks to everyone who posted feedback. I find it very on point overall. Best wishes to anyone wanting to start their own shop. :)

Luckily I have a small factory with 16 CNCs, a total of 32 workers, 4 programmers, 22 CNC operators, 2 for manual processing, 1 for surface treatment outbound, 2 for QC inspection, and one for finance , and me, this is the staffing of 16 machines, if you want to know the details, we can go further

This has been reported a few times, and I had seen it even before that, but I am leaving it up for now.
We'll see what the future brings for this person.
They will likely just drop off the radar, if not, maybe they will be a useful member?

-----------------

Think Snow Eh!
Ox

Luckily I have a small factory with 16 CNCs, a total of 32 workers, 4 programmers, 22 CNC operators, 2 for manual processing, 1 for surface treatment outbound, 2 for QC inspection, and one for finance , and me, this is the staffing of 16 machines, if you want to know the details, we can go further
Here's one you missed:

If you people weren't so snotty and superior and actually tried getting some work overseas, maybe you could compete worldwide too !

Sure, lots of foreigners are not hip to the jive when they start but at least they are not sitting on their fat asses, like whining US shops do.
not at all.
the spammer blew in here dredging up every thread with the word "prototype" in it.
What's wrong with what I posted eh ?

not at all.
the spammer blew in here dredging up every thread with the word "prototype" in it.
What's wrong with what I posted eh ?

I only saw this one. It's not the right place but it is a straightup description of what he has and isn't trying to slide in pretending to be something he isn't, like most of that crap does. Would have been better to just say "that kind of post goes in Commerce, Manufacturing Resource, please".

I'm just sick of US companies whining and crying but do they actually try to go overseas and compete ? At least this guy is putting up a straightforward description of what he has in a language that isn't his. What do you do, Digger ? I'll be happy to translate your specialties and we can put the ad up on weibo or something, how's that ? Instead of everyone snivelling about China, how about doing something about it ?

(I'm serious. If you have a specialty that would be salable overseas, we'd be happy to get you a foot in the door. That's what we should be doing, instead of crying like little girls that life isn't fair.)

Last edited:

Back