University of Utah is hiring for a Prototype Shop Manager! See details below - apply here!
Open Date: 01/23/2020
Requisition Number: PRN23005B
Job Title: CNC Machine Programmer
Working Title: Prototype Shop Manager
Job Grade: G
FLSA Code: Professional
Patient Sensitive Job Code? No
Standard Hours per Week: 40
Full Time or Part Time? Full Time
Work Schedule Summary
VP Area: U of U Health - Academics
Department: 00269 - Orthopedic Surgery Operations
Type of Recruitment: External Posting
Pay Rate Range: $60,700 to $101,649
Close Date: 02/06/2020
Target application review date by 02/06/2020
Responsible for fabricating a wide variety of high precision, geometrically complex parts using a variety of CNC and manual machine tools and equipment for secondary operations, such as welding, assembly and finishing. This position is also directly responsible for part fabrication, including CNC programming, set-up and operation of equipment in the CNC Prototype Shop.
• Performs programming, set-up and operation of CNC machine tools and other fabrication equipment.
• Collaborates with design engineers to provide design input regarding manufacturability and function.
• Oversees preventative and corrective maintenance programs for the equipment in the CNC Prototype Shop, oversees installation of new equipment and decommissioning / removal of obsolete equipment.
• Supports the maintenance of an organized and clean CNC Prototype Shop.
• Ensures compliance to applicable policies, procedures and work instructions.
• Will be the supervisor of a lab and lab personnel.
• High School diploma and AA Degree or completed trade school study relevant toward CNC machine manufacturing.
• 4 to 7 years’ experience working in a highly dynamic, innovative, tight tolerance, complex part prototyping and/or production environment, with responsibilities in CNC machine operation, programming, cutting tool selection and shop maintenance.
• Experience with more complex, multi-axis CNC machine tools, such as 5 axis CNC mills, 10+ axis CNC screw machines, multi-axis mill-turn CNC machines, and 4 axis CNC wire EDM’s, is highly desirable.
• Excellent computer & programming skills using CAM software, CAD software and Microsoft Office. Experience with Mastercam (CAM) and Solidworks (CAD) preferred.
• Experience machining advanced metal alloys (titanium, cobalt, nitinol, etc.) and high-performance thermoplastics (PEEK, poyetherimide, UHMWPE, etc.) is highly desirable.
• Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing and to interact/coordinate activities with others.
• Ability to read and effectively interpret engineering drawings and specifications.
• Ability to effectively complete inspections to demonstrate that parts meet drawing and specifications requirements.
Type: Benefited Staff
View benefits at University of Utah - Human Resources
University of Utah has great benefits! View what your total compensation package could look like by utilizing our Total Compensation Estimator.
Special Instructions Summary
This position will be working at a location in Clearfield, UT.
The University of Utah is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer and is committed to diversity in its workforce. In compliance with applicable federal and state laws, University of Utah policy of equal employment opportunity prohibits discrimination on the basis of race or ethnicity, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, veteran’s status, status as a qualified person with a disability, or genetic information. Individuals from historically underrepresented groups, such as minorities, women, qualified persons with disabilities, and protected veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. Veterans’ preference is extended to qualified applicants, upon request and consistent with University policy and Utah state law.
To inquire about this posting, email: [email protected] or call 801-581-2300. Reasonable accommodations in the application process will be provided to qualified individuals with disabilities. To request an accommodation or for further information about University AA/EO policies, please contact the Office of Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action, 201 S. Presidents Cr., Rm 135, (801) 581-8365 (V/TDD), email: [email protected].
The University is a participating employer with Utah Retirement Systems (“URS”). Eligible new hires with prior URS service, may elect to enroll in URS if they make the election before they become eligible for retirement (usually the first day of work). Contact Human Resources at (801) 581-7447 for information. Individuals who previously retired and are receiving monthly retirement benefits from URS are subject to URS’ post-retirement rules and restrictions. Please contact Utah Retirement Systems at (801) 366-7770 or (800) 695-4877 or University Human Resource Management at (801) 581-7447 if you have questions regarding the post-retirement rules.
This position may require the successful completion of a criminal background check and/or drug screen.