What's new
What's new

QT8 W/T2 Control Help

novation1

Plastic
Hi All,
Need some help with a control board problem. I had previously posted about this as the control not having any video and no drive parameters. My machine is a 1988 QT8SP-DX. When the machine was new it had a FX884 board in it. Sometime in the last 34 years someone replaced it with the FX784-8 and FX784-9 boards. The FX784-8 board lost it's programming and MEAU seems to not have the correct program to put back on it. They had the board for over 2 months and put the program on the board that is listed on the tag on the back of the board, BND-S28100-A2 is the program number that is on the tag. Now the board is pretty much dead. It did more before I sent it to them than when I got it back. Before I sent it to them most everything worked besides the video. So I'm thinking the board was just a donor board that was programmed to work in this machine and the tag is incorrect. But I don't have the correct program number.

If someone out there has a QT8SP-DX machine with a T2 control, with either the FX884 or FX784-8 board in it, that would be willing to let me know what the info from the tag on the back is on their board is I would greatly appreciate it. The numbers are on the back of the board in either a pink or white tag. I'll put a picture of what it looks like below. Maybe if i can get the correct number I could let MEAU know the correct program to put on the board or I can possibly find a used board that may match. I know this a long shot finding the correct board that has the same configuration as my machine but there are a lot of boards currently on E-bay.

Specifications on my machine that will make a difference are it has a Sub-Spindle and the MR-S2 Dual drive. Any machine that has the single drives will probably not work. I have 2 FX884 boards that both work as far as the video works and everything else will work. The problem that I'm seeing is that when my machine was running there was an extra page of parameters, MACHINE 3, which I'm pretty sure has the parameters for the MR_S2 drive. That isn't on either of the 2 FX884 boards that I have so I'm getting an error of no drive parameters.

I would really appreciate someone helping out with this.
Thanks,
Bob

Attachments

• IMG_0163.JPG
    IMG_0163.JPG
    98 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_0605.JPG
    IMG_0605.JPG
    93.5 KB · Views: 3

Back