What's new
What's new

Questions regarding Deckel S0 d-bit grinder

Cycles

Plastic
Hello everyone,

I need a little help regarding a Deckel S0 dbit grinder that I recently bought...

1) The scale of the collet holder does not match up with the indentations on the index plate, they are shifted ~2-3° to one another. The second picture shows the collet holder in the locked position and it is also not matching up with the 0° mark. Is this on purpose? If not... it seems that the index plate and scale are press fitted on the same bushing so I'll have to make a tool that goes in two of the grooves of the index plate so I can try and rotate it a bit on the bushing?

IMG_20230319_142725.jpgIMG_20230319_142852.JPG

2) The grinding wheel mount the machine came with is definitively homemade and not original, also when I compare it to a cross section of the original one, there seem to be parts missing. Can anyone share the dimensions of the grinding wheel mount, washer and nut for the older Deckel S0 version with the cylindrical spindle nose?

IMG_20230318_091349.jpgIMG_20230319_143814.JPG

The scale is adjustable and not timed/fixed to the indexing notches.
Loosen the smaller knurled ring, turn the larger knurled ring to slip the scale to align where you want it.
Then tighten the smaller knurled ring to fix the scale position.

Thank you very much! The knurled ring was so tight/stuck on the bushing, that it didn't even occur to me that these components should be freely adjustable. Now that I knew this and with a little more force and leverage, I was able to loosen the ring nut and make everything movable again.

OT:
I never used a Deckel but on many Tc grinders if you need a certain /exact angle it can be good to spin the angle off/using the machine's protractor with zero clearance..and then go back to grind the clearance up to a straight land, and to sharp.

Very often one will have to bump the angle a half degree (or what) to get the angle correct because of compounding the angle by trying to angle and clearance at the same time.

This is much quicker than grinding error /checking /and grinding again.

Once you find the bump amount you can go ahead and run a number of the same tools with not needing the spin at zero clearance.

Last edited:

Back