What's new
What's new

Radius over tolerance PS0020 alarm

Whysosharp

Cast Iron
Hey all,
Our GX 480APC with fanuc Oi-MD control keeps giving me this alarm while trying to use HSM. Posted below are some examples of where the issues are. Parameter 3410 is set to .0001 I don't know if I need to change it or not.

N1G68X0Y0R90.
N2G0G90X6.58Y-1.4625
N6Z0.3
N65G18G03X6.28Z0.R0.3F40.
N70G01X5.63

N75X-1.08
N80G17G02Y0.7965R1.1295
N85G01X5.63
N90G18G02X5.93Z0.3R0.3
N95G0Z1.
N10G17
N11G69
N15M99

The red lines are where the trouble begins. Thanks for your help

If that doesn't work, maybe you have to call a d offset or a setting is bad in your cam. The system is breaking up arcs correctly . You should make the number in your parameter larger because the cam may not be outputting that exact. If the difference in calculations is more than that value it will not work.

Pretty simple fix, change your CAM output settings for I,J,K instead of R. When you are changing work planes G17, 18 controls don't like R values. Guessing if your program made it to line 90 it would alarm there too. Because your working on all 3 planes, I would also change the output to list all axis endpoints, note there is no Y endpoint in G3 line posted.

Robert

Pretty simple fix, change your CAM output settings for I,J,K instead of R. When you are changing work planes G17, 18 controls don't like R values. Guessing if your program made it to line 90 it would alarm there too. Because your working on all 3 planes, I would also change the output to list all axis endpoints, note there is no Y endpoint in G3 line posted.

Robert
Hello Robert,
In line N65 and N90, G18 (X,Z Plane) has been selected, therefore, the program is only working in two planes, X and Z; no Y required. If the OP meant the moves in N65 and N90 to be a Helical move, then you're correct, but he would have to lose the G18 commands.

Over-tolerance errors occur when the Radius of the arc from the Start Point to Centre is different to the Radius of the arc from the End Point to the Centre and the difference is outside a tolerance set in parameters. If an error has been made in specifying the Start or End Point of the arc, the over-tolerance error occurs more when using I,J and K format, because the actual centre of the arc is specifically specified. If and error is made when specifying the Start and End Points when using R format, the control simply calculates a centre point that will satisfy the Start and End Points given. Accordingly, if an arc between the two points is geometrically possible, then the R format will successfully make the arc trajectory, notwithstanding that the resulting arc may not be what the programmer wanted. Its for this reason I always prefer to use I,J,K format. If a mistake has been made in either the Start or End Point, relative to the correct centre of the arc, an alarm will be raised before the work is made scrap.

I've plotted the coordinates the OP has in his listed program, and using the algorithm for and arc through two points, with given radius, the arc is successful; accordingly, the move is geometrically possible. I would do as you suggested and change the Cam output to I,J,K format just for a test, but there is no math, or geometrical reason why that would help. It may simply be a bug with the OP's control. I've had to attend cases where an arc could not be programmed unless the Start Point was at 3,6,9, or 12 o'clock on the proposed arc. The circular move could end at any angle, it just couldn't start at any angle. The problem proved to be with the control hardware.

To the OP

Check the value in parameter 3410 (parameter to set arc Start/End radius tolerance) and increase to see if this makes any difference. If the set value is made Zero, the difference of radii is not checked and no alarm should be raised. However, when in HPCC mode, a check is made for a difference in the arc radius even if the set value is “0”. In this case, the allowed error in the arc Start/End radii will be Zero.

Regards,

Bill

We tried using IJK and it didn't work either I called Fanuc direct and the tech said to change the 3410 number to either zero or to a larger number which we did and the result was a z-axis move that was -6.478 from zero which would have been the middle of my vise. This is bizarre that's for sure because the moves are sound but the control is like what???? I'm hoping the apps engineer at Robert E Morris can help. It was posted using fusion 360. This error occurs a couple times in the program but this is the part I'm using to troubleshoot it. It may be that the G68 is making it fussy I'll try reposting with it removed just for giggles. Any other thoughts on why it would try to make a z move of -6.6.... on a .3" arc?

We tried using IJK and it didn't work either I called Fanuc direct and the tech said to change the 3410 number to either zero or to a larger number which we did and the result was a z-axis move that was -6.478 from zero which would have been the middle of my vise.

Just for fun, I just played with it (took 5 minutes).. And it also went 6"+ down in Z.. Its the coordinate rotation, when
you change the reference plane(G18), it changes the coordinates/plane that are rotated.

Take out the coordinate rotation and it works fine... Either rotate it and repost it, or break your ZY arc into line segments.

That's fantastic thanks for playing with it Bob. After you said that in your earlier post It had me thinking that it rotating everything making things wonky.

Back