What's new
What's new

Rambaudi v3 milling machine

sasanifab

Aluminum
I'm pretty confident I posted this in the incorrect section, Sry if I did. Just wanted some feedback regarding this machine. I purchased this machine for 900 bucks in excellent shape. Didn't come with tooling but it included the original manual which I thought was cool . I own a mighty comet step pulley mill, I thought this would be a better mill for machining blocks and cylinder heads as it's 40 taper. The thing looks extremely solid, Anyone have any experience with these machines ?

url=https://postimg.cc/0KDhgvz8]
571-C5911-2-C8-B-410-B-A68-E-C20-E30-F763-C8.jpg
[/url]

Very good machines IMHO
I did rebuild a couple
But the Y stroke is not big enough I think to do the head on the ground in your last picture
At least not with a cross hatch finish
Make sure the short 2 piece spindle on the X is set correctly or it will eat your long half nut

Peter

Rob F.

Diamond
I have its little brother. Not a lot of info on them but good machines. Be sure to check and maintain the oil in the power feed gearbox, there is a little info on repairing that, but no parts are available IIRC.

Now the power feed gearbox is mentioned It has some plastic selection levers I had one break once So ik you take it apart for some reason I would make a steel or bronze selectionlever

Peter

On most milling ma hines you have a long r spindle and a short nut On this one you have half a nut that is long but with a big diameter 60 - 70mm from memory The spindle is short It also is a2 piece part to adjust backlash The 2 pieces have some big spring washers in the middle And with a big nut you push them If the spindle is tight you cannot know to tighten or loosen the 2 part spindle If too loose the washers keep the 2 parts of the spindle pushing against the nut with a preload That is not the intension

Peter