What's new
What's new

Rapid Speed Control on MillPWR G1

Vitran

Aluminum
I am in possession of a new (to me) Acu-Rite MillPWR G1 with 2.5 axis and I am looking for some help learning how the machine works. At this point it is working well except for extended rapid motions. When the machine does a rapid motion in a program larger than 5", I receive an error of 'SERVO FAULT'. Short rapid motions do not have this issue. I believe the issue is the rapid speed is set too high, but I am unable to find where the rapid setting is set. Where can I find this?

My current guess is the rapid is trim-pot set on the servo drive itself. I have not found a panel layout diagram for the MillPWR G1 yet.

I got a USB to Floppy emulator that worked perfectly.

I also want to replace the screen with a CRT to VGA converter and get a bright monitor to replace the old CRT. I have seen other people do this with their machines online but I have not researched it enough yet.

Inspecting the bed, there is around a +-0.002" variation across the surface and a 0.005" depression in one location. Will need to resurface which I will need to figure out how to do.

Back