What's new
What's new

Re picking up G32

SharkyJ

Plastic
Hi guys,

I'm doing a thread using a G32 macro program that i have written. However the macro doesn't have the ability to offset yet. I need to do a scroll that is 5.3mm wide using a 5mm button tool. My plan is to rough with the macro and re run a seperate g32 command as a finish cut that is offset to achieve this width. However i will be cancelling modal g32 in the middle. Will the machine pick up the same thread if i add 0.3mm (giving me the 0.3 offset i need)to the z start value on my second cycle from the previous g32 start point. In simple terms, will a machine always use the same encoder values for a g32?

Im using a doosan 700l with a fanuc iseries controller.

I hope this makes sense.

Any help appreciated

To follow the same threading helix, the start Z must remain unchanged in subsequent calls of any threading cycle, including G32.

if i wanted to offset that thread bu 0.3mm (to make it o.3 wider) will that pick up the same thread but 0.3 diffrent? Ie it wont just pick a completely new helix?

The machine will pick up the thread lead, provided the part hasn't been shifted in the jaws and the tool hasn't been moved in the turret.
I had a job where I had to thread a scroll on the face of a part, and used G32 to do it. The scroll wasn't deep enough, so I gave it a little more in the tool offset and re-ran the G32. Came out fine.

Back