What's new
What's new

Reduction in lease in Exchange for labor arrangements?

Has anyone entered into one of these arrangements along the lines of “if you mow the lawn I will reduce the lease“?

So the question stands – has anyone entered into one of these reduction in lease in exchange for labor arrangements?
If so how did it work out?

Not well.

I mowed my lawn and it wasn't enough for her. She ended up terminating the lease. :(

I always told my tenant if he did anything to the apartment let me know how much and take it off the rent...he always did stuff and never charged me.

I haven't raised his rent in 8 years, my parents hadn't raised it in years before that lol.

My parents have been renting a farmhouse (was my grandparent's) to a family for like a dozen years. They take care of the place and never hassle my parents to fix stuff. My parents definitely don't think about raising the rent - they are aware of all the horror stories out there.

In my first business the landlord asked if I could hire one of the football players from the university he graduated from for the summer.I told him I really didn't need anyone.

He said he could overlook a few months rent where upon I replied that I just remembered that I was planning on hireing some help for the summer rush. Worked out fine.

Back