What's new
What's new

Renishaw supatouch

GENERALDISARRAY

Hot Rolled
I was wanting to use the Supatouch optimization now that I have a machine with high speed skip.
For some reason the inspection plus disc/wizard I have will not output the O9800 supatouch program. The program does not appear in the folders on the disc either.

What are some methods of probing speed optimization without the supatouch utility? I always thought that the 9801 cal routine did some speed optimization but that is not the case.

My fast feed on all machines including the one with high speed skip is the default 2540.

As I understand it with the newer cycles Supatouch determines if you can use single touch or not.

on another similar note
should a machine with scales have the parameter on or off for servo lag skip position compensation?

I was wanting to use the Supatouch optimization now that I have a machine with high speed skip.
For some reason the inspection plus disc/wizard I have will not output the O9800 supatouch program. The program does not appear in the folders on the disc either.

What are some methods of probing speed optimization without the supatouch utility? I always thought that the 9801 cal routine did some speed optimization but that is not the case.

My fast feed on all machines including the one with high speed skip is the default 2540.

As I understand it with the newer cycles Supatouch determines if you can use single touch or not.

on another similar note
should a machine with scales have the parameter on or off for servo lag skip position compensation?

I always have been quite reluctant to "solution" and "decision" made by other parties, who have no slightest idea of my actual needs.

In this post https://www.practicalmachinist.com/...vs-two-touch-probe-cycles-399746/#post3889722
my solution to tune the appropriate feed rate for one touch mode of probing was given. It is written for HAAS, but easy can be adopted to Fanuc or any other control.

Stefan
Cogito Ergo Sum

You probably need a newer set of macros if you don't see the 9800 program. Contact Renishaw in Chicago and they should be able to send you a new wizard. I've been using it on Mazak mills with good success for the last couple years. Probing single touch at 78 IPM, with clearance moves at 472! Waaaaay faster than the old way. That is while still maintaining a tolerance of 0.0002" as well.

I've been using supatouch since installing my probe a few months ago. I dial back the speed after running 9800 and before calibration on a ring gage as it's scary fast as i'm getting used to it (similar to CNC hacker's feedrates) even with standard skip. The main reason I'm running it is the single touch works in small bores where I'd have to tweak the back off distance to use standard 2 touch.

I'd start with Renishaw to sort out the wizard, I remember there being some less intuitive settings that may enable it to output 9800. Their tech support is great.

Does your wizard have a button that says output supatouch optimization? I just checked my wizard and i see that button and it outputs the right programs. we started to use supatouch on our DVF machines and it is awesome. so much faster than traditional probing.

Back