What's new
What's new

Repairing Intentional Damage to Surface Plate

AdamPrince2

Plastic
FYI, courts don't collect money for anyone but themselves. If they grant a judgement it's up to you to collect it. I stopped going after monetary judgements when I have to evict a tenant for non payment. I've had two monetary judgements and collected very little of either of them.

Have you ever tried to collect on a judgement?

I think withholding a high school degree would be the most effective as this is not going to court. I have too many other students who deserve my time.

But anyway, pertaining to your question there are several ways to collect a judgement. You can freeze their bank account. You can get DMV records and take their car. You can garnish their wages. Some people are judgement proof.

Sadly, you should not rent to people who have nothing to lose if you plan on staying in business. Too many people see kindness and generosity as weakness. And having someone think you are weak is the best way to find out what is really in a man's heart. The government has made it so helping people out is punished with 2-3 year eviction moratorium and very little accountability. In my area it has caused a housing crisis, lack of supply, destroyed units, and sky rocketing rents. Screen tenants hard and good luck.

CarbideBob

Diamond
Was it intentional damage or what just seemed like a good idea with a lack of oversight/training.
Intentional "damage" would not be scribing lines where I thought they would be of use.
Yes, someone gets a "talk" but it seems they where trying to solve a problem and not taking a sledge hammer to your plate.
Can not know the circumstances, maybe In this case I would feel that I had failed my employees or students.
Some people put a series of lines or crosshatch into a piece of granite or steel on purpose to hold dirt and increase the accuracy and repeatability of measurements.
No voids in the base for measuring is maybe not so good.
Bob

Big B

Diamond
I think withholding a high school degree would be the most effective as this is not going to court. I have too many other students who deserve my time.

But anyway, pertaining to your question there are several ways to collect a judgement. You can freeze their bank account. You can get DMV records and take their car. You can garnish their wages. Some people are judgement proof.

Sadly, you should not rent to people who have nothing to lose if you plan on staying in business. Too many people see kindness and generosity as weakness. And having someone think you are weak is the best way to find out what is really in a man's heart. The government has made it so helping people out is punished with 2-3 year eviction moratorium and very little accountability. In my area it has caused a housing crisis, lack of supply, destroyed units, and sky rocketing rents. Screen tenants hard and good luck.

My point was that courts don't collect judgements. They grant judgements and it's up to the plaintiff to collect the money and many times nothing ever gets collected.

Many people hear about some huge multi million dollar settlement and think that they people that get the judgement are rich now but for a lot of them they never get any real money from the judgements.

I'd hate so see someone go through all of the court process and get a judgement only to find that it was all in vain. BTDT