What's new
What's new

Repeating a Part in Mazatrol Question

Arc-On

Aluminum
I have to make a short, fat, disc shaped part that is approximately 7" in diameter and .5" thick. It is essentially a retainer clip that fastens to the end of a housing to retain a spring. Essentially, we face, turn, bore and part off. Easy peasy.

Right now, I machine the clip as a first operation on the slug that will become the housing, so there is a 1:1 ratio of clips to housings.

When my customer services the housing, the clip must be destroyed to remove it. Therefore, I will need to make extra clips.

I would like to load a slug of material, say 6" long, and have the machine repeat the clip program a specified number of times, then stop.

I don't have a bar puller,(too big to bar pull anyway) and I'm still pretty new to Mazatrol, so I don't know some of these options.

Is there a way to do this where the machine will automatically advance to the next part without having to mess with the work offsets or keep pushing the cycle start button? I'd be ok with pushing the button, but I really would like to avoid having to change the offset. These parts are too big to fit in my spindle bore, otherwise I would just manually pull to a stop.

Machine is a 2002 Mazak Quick Turn 350 Nexus, with a 640 Nexus control. Programming only in Mazatrol, machine doesn't have EIA.

Thoughts? Thanks.

On your end line, turn count on (1), continue on (1) how many times you want it to continue, and the distance you want your program offset to shift each time .

What you want is called shift. I believe it's in the end line of the program. You'll probably set it to .65 or so to accommodate a .125 parting tool and a finish pass on the face of the next part. Not remembering at the moment where in there you tell it how many times but I believe it is right next to it in the end line after you insert a shift amount.

Back