What's new
What's new

RFQ Small 6061 Lathe parts

Instead of sending a bunch of e-mails post better drawings, if you blow them up they are still hard to read.

Instead of sending a bunch of e-mails post better drawings, if you blow them up they are still hard to read.

Apologies for the brief hijack:
How does one do that?
Every time I try that, the file is well above the attachment size. If I resize it, it becomes unreadable. (see my topic underneath this one)

Doug

I see the quantities of the parts you need. Is there a target delivery/ drop dead date?
Thanks,

Doug

I got about 5 weeks to play with.

I ran into the same limits of file size. Tried PDF first but the site only allows tiny files. That was the best I could get with the jpeg

On a bushing print?

You like dooing PPAP on a washer with 43 features to document?

KISS

--------------------

Think Snow Eh!
Ox

Not at all, but from I could see, there were details and such un-dimensioned.

Apologies for the brief hijack:
How does one do that?
Every time I try that, the file is well above the attachment size. If I resize it, it becomes unreadable. (see my topic underneath this one)

Doug

Hello,

Are you able to attach .png files? I am new to this site, so I don't know what file types are accepted. png is a lossless compression format which should keep the resolution better then a jpeg file while usually being a smaller file size then a pdf.

I don't currently have a cnc lathe to help with these particular parts, but maybe the file format suggestion can help!

Keep learning and enjoy the journey!
Nate

Word of caution:

Keep in mind that once an RFQ is closed, you may decide that you don't want your print out there forever for everyone to see anymore.
You want a way to delete it, and you cannot edit a post on this site after about 24 hours.
I doo not know if you can simply delete pics from your library here or not. I have never tried.

It is best to host your drawing off-site - where you can delete the attachment and break the link.

Providing enough info for others to decide if they are interested in the post, and then
mailing out the good copy to those that are actually interested in quoting is a better plan IMO.

--------------------

Think Snow Eh!
Ox

Back