What's new
What's new

RFQ - Small Wire EMD Job

lxgron

Plastic
Looking for someone willing to make 3 small parts on a wire EMD for a prototype I'm building. Two of the parts have 0.010 internal radii, two are made from brass the other is 304 stainless.

Tolerance: +/- 0.005" general profile some areas require +/- 0.0002".

Anyone interested, please PM me with your email address and I'll send you the solid models and prints.

Looking for someone willing to make 3 small parts on a wire EMD for a prototype I'm building. Two of the parts have 0.010 internal radii, two are made from brass the other is 304 stainless.

Tolerance: +/- 0.005" general profile some areas require +/- 0.0002".

Anyone interested, please PM me with your email address and I'll send you the solid models and prints.
In

Looked at your drawings not interested in making the parts. Couple comments.
Looks like parts are metric better if you specked them that way. You would need a lot more info than contained in the stuff you sent me. The tolerances required to make them work would require a very high end machine. If you find someone to make them you better be sitting down when you see the quote.
Bob

Bob, I appreciate the feedback I looked over the prints and realized I forgot some position callouts and should add a general finish callout on the prints else everything else should fall under the general profile callout. If you don't mind me asking, what is a good general tolerance you can expect from a wire EDM I spec my tight tolerance zones based on what people like to advertise the machines are capable of. Also, when an EDM shop is looking to quote a job, is there any other information they would be looking for I didn't include?

Back