What's new
What's new

Rigging rack ideas

Cole2534

Diamond
Flat slings, round slings, chain slings, rope slings, SHACKLES SHACKLES SHACKLES!

Does anyone have clever ideas on how to store and organize rigging beyond just hanging it in random spots? I thought about making something thatd attach to the end of my pallet rack, but not sure those things like cantilevered loads. An old dept store hanger rack might be good for the soft slings?

Programmed via Mazatrol

I have a rack on the wall that consists of hooks, about 12" long, made from 3/8" round. I hang chains, slings, comealongs, straps, and rope bundles on it. Welded it up in about 15 minutes, hung it with big lag screws, Has worked just great for about 20 years now.

I use the heavy Uline plastic totes with handles. I keep the slings separated by size, small shackles in their own bin (large shackles are in a cabinet with lifting eyes). I use the totes instead of hanging them because I use them remotely all the time. When I'm heading out where I might need them I grab a few bins and load up. My truck also has a flatbed with side boxes, but I mostly just keep tie down straps in there.

Flat slings, round slings, chain slings, rope slings, SHACKLES SHACKLES SHACKLES!

Does anyone have clever ideas on how to store and organize rigging beyond just hanging it in random spots? I thought about making something thatd attach to the end of my pallet rack, but not sure those things like cantilevered loads. An old dept store hanger rack might be good for the soft slings?

Programmed via Mazatrol

I use the mobile racks, you can get shelves/bins or posts…….also reel racks work for hanging items, here’s a couple of examples!

250DC962-8AA8-4676-95A1-FCEEC93C2065.jpgCFF034A9-2471-475F-9C8D-23AB1203EDFB.jpg

Vertical bar racks work as well…….

ULINE - Shipping Boxes, Shipping Supplies, Packaging Materials, Packing Supplies

All these were purchased used at reasonable prices?

Kevin

Back