What's new
What's new

Rockwell Delta 28-365 Variable Speed bandsaw

eder

Plastic
I got one of these on trade and found that the hi-speed doesn't work (the low speed works but when shifted into hi-speed the input pulley doesn't drive the output pulley -it just sits there, spinning free).
I gather that in hi it is supposed to be direct drive. Probably the sliding spline collar has broken dogs? Haven't taken gearbox apart yet. Does nay know if replacement parts can be obtained for these gearbox's - or used gearbox?

metalmagpie

Titanium
I got one of these on trade and found that the hi-speed doesn't work (the low speed works but when shifted into hi-speed the input pulley doesn't drive the output pulley -it just sits there, spinning free).
I gather that in hi it is supposed to be direct drive. Probably the sliding spline collar has broken dogs? Haven't taken gearbox apart yet. Does nay know if replacement parts can be obtained for these gearbox's - or used gearbox?

Strongly doubt you will find new parts. But many of those were sold, so parts may become available on ebay.

I have one of those saws and like it. I believe it is worth fixing. If you decide to scrap it out for parts, I am looking for original spring and related bits of the motor mount.

metalmagpie

eder

Plastic
thanks for the reply. i'm not going to scrap it. might try to attach parts to the end of the shaft and adjacent input pulley so i can connect them together there when i want to cut wood.