What's new
What's new

Same head monting for J-Head and Lagun Republic FT-2?

Gos

Aluminum
Greetings,
Does anyone know if the Lagun Republic FT-2 used the same head attachment as the Bridgeport J-Head? I have a new head, but a worn out base and table. I "may have" found a Lagun Republic FT-2 that's tight, but I need to make sure the two heads are interchangeable first.
Thanks,
Gos

well, i have Lt-3 and put a Bridgeport slotter head on the rear tenon or whatever it called. Had to scrape the paint on the tenon off and do some sanding and a littler filling and it slid right on. Don't know if the if it's the same story for the nuckle but I would take some measurements before I said it wouldn't work.

Gos:

You already own a (worn out but presumably functional) mill. If you can't modify the Lagun mounting surface to mate with your head, make an adapter plate to mount the head to the mill. If you can get the mill for a good (for you) price and it is functionally better than what you have, a 1 inch thick cast iron/steel plate and a bit of time is a small price to pay.

As mentioned, if it doesn’t fit then make an adapter. I made an adapter to use my 1.5hp Bridgeport head on a Series II ram/turret. Works great. Just took a hunk of cast iron and some time and measurements.

Back