What's new
What's new

Scans, Manuals, Books, Links, Images

"Modern Shop Library". Various authors, about 8 volumes, edited by Howard Monroe Raymond. From casting, stell making, to machining and dies. If it is manufacturing in the metal arts, it covers some portion.

Courtesy of PM member sfriedberg;
=========================================================================
I've just scanned the Armstrong catalog No. THB-49" (Tool Holders for Lathes Planers Shapers) and turned it into a PDF. This catalog (presumably original in 1949, and reprinted in 1951) doesn't cover any QC stuff. The file, just under 8MB, is available via the link below.

If you have access to a machinist's dropbox or similar hosting site, feel free to copy this file to that more widely visited location.

Seems to me I have one DTM-brand and one Armstrong-brand QCTP holder in CA size. If I remember this evening, I will see what part numbers they have that correspond with Aloris numbers.

Last edited by sfriedberg; 01-12-2015 at 08:23 PM.

http://saf3.net/web/shop/catalogs/Armstrong Catalog THB-49''.pdf

*gm; I am hosting this file as well *

http://pounceatron.dreamhosters.com/docs/Armstrong-Catalog-THB49-1947.pdf

Last edited:
Pratt Whitney 3C Bench Mill Manual PDF available

Hello,

I have a Pratt Whitney 3C Bench Mill Manual available as a PDF...

I thought that I would post it here in case anyone was looking for one. It includes the lead screw chart for the Indexing attachment..

Just private message me with your request and your email and I will send to you.

Ray

A recent discovery of mine - and surprised it hasn't been discussed earlier.

The venerable "American Machinist Magazine" which had its start in 1877 and published their magazine at various intervals until 2009, when they went digital online only.

Google has (reportedly) the entire set. Jumbled in order I see (don't they organize their cybernetic book-shelf?)

One of the Model T Forum members was literally pinching himself on finding this and creating the link.

https://www.google.com/search?q=Ame...tbm=bks&tbo=1#q=editions:30SAkOZ_SpkC&tbm=bks

Joe in NH

My employer is closing after many years, "more than 50" as a used machine tool dealer and he has several file cabinets of sales literature and related material from 1870 to 1960. This must be picked-up in Chicago soon, for free. private message me your e-mail add. Bill

I've read good reviews of this, but I've never found a download link

apparently if I belong to some schools I could.

Can anyone download this or show me how ?

Catalog Record: 6 years with men and machines | Hathi Trust Digital Library

60 years with men and machines.
Main Author: Colvin, Fred H. 1867-1965.
Other Authors: Duffin, D. J. 1911-
Language(s): English
Published: New York, Whittlesey house, McGraw-Hill book company, inc. [1947]
Subjects: Colvin, Fred H. > (Fred Herbert), > 1867-1965.
Physical Description: ix, 297 p. illus., plates, ports., facsims., diagrs. 24 cm.
Locate a Print Version: Find in a library

6 years with men and machines. - Full View | HathiTrust Digital Library | HathiTrust Digital Library

6 years with men and machines, (Book, 1947) [WorldCat.org]

H. Bickford, and The Bickford Dill & Tool Co.

An early H. Bickford upright drill catalog. I think this might be his first catalog and would date from 1874 to 1878.

CONTENTdm

A 1903 catalog from The Bickford Drill & Tool Co.

CONTENTdm

Rob

Back