What's new
What's new

Schaublin 135 - contactor required, can you help?

marcsO

Hot Rolled
Hi I have a thread running regards fixing an electrical problem with my 135 and found its one of the smaller CA1-10 contactors which has gone down, the coil casing has failed and this has damaged the windings. The contactor runs the brake system.

If anyone has a complete contactor spare for sale or know of someone with one please let me know. Thankyou.

This is the item and where it sits in the cabinet (top right)5CI7LVEcQPmBparpdbolWg.jpg4u%4b4HOQ8G2jaARGIQ36g.jpg

Hi. Nice lathe and nice project you have done. Regarding the contactor- what so special about it? at a first glance, seems like a standard 3 phase contactor...

Its super special, original fitment by Schaublin 60 years ago so it was important to either find a direct replacement (very hard and very expensive if you are able to find one) or fix it, turned out I was able to re-wind it and fix it which is detailed on another thread on this forum.

Sorry but I still don’t understand what is special in the coil? Besides its special shape and the wish to maintain the machine in original look, does it has any speciality from electrical point of view?

Its super special, original fitment by Schaublin 60 years ago so it was important to either find a direct replacement (very hard and very expensive if you are able to find one) or fix it, turned out I was able to re-wind it and fix it which is detailed on another thread on this forum.
Good day, I had to replace mine as well so I went on ebay and got 3 of them.

Back