What's new
What's new

School me on Brother TC-32BQT

CPM2014

Cast Iron
I am needing to add another 30 taper spindle to the shop. We currently have a DT1 that we are mostly happy with and are thinking of a second one with Midaco pallet changer.

I am unfamiliar with the Brother brand as a whole but hear great things. I am looking for what is good and what isnt with this particular machine. I know what the speedios can do, is this comparible in its performance?

Any help with opinions and hard facts much appreciated.

-Chris

Chris: Maybe this is stating the obvious but if you google the TC-32 you can still see the brother specs for the machine on their site and pretty easily compare the details to the newer machines.

I am needing to add another 30 taper spindle to the shop. We currently have a DT1 that we are mostly happy with and are thinking of a second one with Midaco pallet changer.

I am unfamiliar with the Brother brand as a whole but hear great things. I am looking for what is good and what isnt with this particular machine. I know what the speedios can do, is this comparible in its performance?

Any help with opinions and hard facts much appreciated.

-Chris

You will be thrilled with the Brother performance and quality if you choose to add them to your capabilities. Currently Brother offers three pallet (Quick Table) machines: the R450, R650 and the TC-32BN. The 450 has 450mm x 320mm X and Y axis travels respectively, the 650 has 650 x 400 and the 32BN has 550 x 400. The only reason to go with the 32Bn at this point is the tool magazine capacity. It is 41 tools versus 22 on the Speedios (450 & 650). The Speedios have much more powerful control (new C00 versus 2005 released B00 on the 32Bn). The Brother pallet system has been around since about 1992 with continuous updates. Tried and true, fast, simple, reliable and accurate. It is built into the machines and does a simple 180 degree back and forth action with internal clamping. No lifting and sealed so no contamination issues. The brother machines do the first tool change during the 3 second pallet change so essentially free. Also the brother pallet machines have a tube down the center of the table so wiring and plumbing for rotary tables and/or fixtures is very neat and clean. Is there something particular about the 32Bn that interests you instead of the Speedios? Here is a link to a video of a R450 with a 4th on one side that shows the pallet action pretty well:
Brother Speedio R45X1 - YouTube

BrotherFrank, thanks for that info. Reasons I’m looking at this vs a Speedo is costs. We just ordered a new VMC and were trying to work a deal on our first HMC so cash is tight. I can pick up a low hour TC-32 for $80ish. Can you school me on the limitations of the B00 control?

for $80 things must be tight, i would just pay cash and get it, wish i could find one for that.

I got a killer deal on a "semi-basic" R450.

It's very useful, 14 tools. Adequate for the work I throw at it. Can't say enough good thing about Yamazen and Brother.
Good luck with your search!

Back