What's new
What's new

Scope Base for US 1917 Sporter

have done lots of 1917 / p14 even put ears back on one i made a fixture out of steel that has a v milled at each end to support a receiver mandrel with a handle on the under side of the mandrel put the set up in a surface grinder and as its going back and forth just move the handle a bit tell the back matches front just like a rem mod 30 and then there's the index / lighting hole back there to fill or not to fill if its there and them dam 3-1/2 % nickel rec. for the most part they drill ok but they can be a bit gummy but thank god for the 17's and 14's for with out them most of us would never be able to build are 375's and 416's

My receiver was unused when I bought it. I still haven't killed a squirrel with it. I've searched the serial number on mine, but the numbers are higher than my research shows. Mine is identical to my Remington 30 and is a Remington Enfield. I'll see if Nick Hughes still have the photos that he can post. His bases use the 19MM CZ rings. Scope rings come from Alaska Arms. I will be using the Alaska Arms bases and rings on the Remington 338 RUM that I*'m building.

So I am going to just post Butch's photos now and come back with some text tomorrow.

IMG_0560.JPG

IMG_0560

IMG_0562.JPG

IMG_0562

IMG_0564.JPG

IMG_0564

IMG_0565.JPG

IMG_0565

IMG_0566.JPG

IMG_0566

It sounds like some people are unable to view the images inline so I have added url's for them after the images.

Last edited:

Back