What's new
What's new

Semi OT: Anti-fatique mats that don't slip

teemfan93

Cast Iron
Hey everyone,

In our shop we have a slick/smooth floor to allow for easy cleanup. We currently have some really old anti-fatique mats that we are looking to replace. One issue we run into is the mats sliding along the floor while you walk on them. We also have an employee in the shop who has a bad leg and this only exacerbates the issue. Do you have any recommendations for quality fatique mats that won't slip and slide? We tried adding anti-slip tape to the underside of a few of them but see little improvement unless your weight is directly over the tape.

Thanks!

I am using these in 5/8 thick and really like them, I have 3 x 5 at each machine and a 4 x 10 at my finishing bench. I have been using them about a year, the 1 corner that is against the coolant tank is a little unhappy with the coolant but not enough to bother me.

We use these in front of all our machines. Anywhere that someone has to stand for any lengthy period of time, there is a mat under their feet. Shipping bench, deburr bench, horizontal saw, drill press, etc.

Later,
Russ

Back