What's new
What's new

semitrailer wheelie loading heavy forklift

I don't git it?
What's pushing/holding it up like that?
That fork-truck can't be THAT heavy!
Maybe the rear axle didn't have any support?
(tag - with no air?)

I played that a cpl times, but now if I go back, it wants me to log in.

I haven't had a spread in here in quite some time now I don't think (?) but I know that some guys could dump their rear axle to let the trailer pivot off the front axle. Most couldn't actually lift the rear axle, just take the pressure off of it.
I wonder if that is the case here, and the guy forgot to put the air back on?

I can't see the pic anymore, but I think that's the case here.
Still, only the front of that fork-truck is on the trailer anyhow!
???
I think the guy needs some west coast turn-around fuel tanks on that tractor, and then this wouldn't'a happened.

I guess this is a poster child pic for ICC lock sale brochure?

------------------

Think Snow Eh!
Ox

Last edited:
Our scrap hauler uses a 3 axle tilt frame roll off truck, at times he gets a little behind scrap pick up.
Our scrap boxes are 7 feet wide by 16 feet long with 4 foot side walls. Very similar to a basic trash roll off box, they work great as long as there not overfilled. more then once we seen 4 feet of day light between the bottom of the front tire and the ground during winching the scrap box on to the truck.

The rollback that picked up my 20ft container had the front 6ft off the ground ....and that was after Id scrapped half the goodies I had stored......stuff like 4/6/8-71 cranks and heads .lots of other truck heads and cranks....lots of old chucks and backing plates .......Im already missing the plates .......to get a 2" thick disc of steel cut for an adaptor is serious money.

Our scrap hauler uses a 3 axle tilt frame roll off truck, at times he gets a little behind scrap pick up.
Our scrap boxes are 7 feet wide by 16 feet long with 4 foot side walls. Very similar to a basic trash roll off box, they work great as long as there not overfilled. more then once we seen 4 feet of day light between the bottom of the front tire and the ground during winching the scrap box on to the truck.

The heavier (or maybe smarter?) Roll offs and rollback have rear hydraulic outriggers so they can keep the tires down.

Doesn't take much to get the front end up on one of those rigs.

The heavier (or maybe smarter?) Roll offs and rollback have rear hydraulic outriggers so they can keep the tires down.

Yeah, either the drivers don't know what they are, or they don't work, or ....
I don't know that I have ever seen them employed?

-----------------------

Think Snow Eh!
Ox

Ever seen an oilrig being loaded onto a truck?
Seen a few of those in operation, on YouTube. Most of them seem to be Kenworth 963 and 953 off highway heavy duty trucks.

Posting picture of the incident mentioned in the OP so folks don't have to make an Instagram account to see it.

Reactions: Ox
Another favourite is a container lift crane picking up container with truck and trailer attached,often by only one lock.........i love the Indian trucking utubes too............scary place India.....retired couple from here both killed in a truck head on crash the second day they were in India.

• Wow
Reactions: Ox

Oh I think our guy does it for giggles, seems theres always 3 or 4 guys out there with there smart phones taking pictures of the wheelie king.

Years ago ,before roll back or tilting tray trucks were common,there were some Japanese imports of trucks that had two rams that lift the whole front of the truck 10 ft off the ground ,to tilt the fixed tray enough to touch the ground.

Oh I think our guy does it for giggles, seems theres always 3 or 4 guys out there with there smart phones taking pictures of the wheelie king.

Yeah, I'm sure.
I wonder - if that truck was their own _ would they bother to adjust and use the rear outriggers you s'pose?

------------------

Think Snow Eh!
Ox

Yeah, I'm sure.
I wonder - if that truck was their own _ would they bother to adjust and use the rear outriggers you s'pose?

------------------

Think Snow Eh!
Ox
Depends, how much time do they save not using them? I've seen a lot of awful things done in the name of "this is faster/easier".

Employees smashing up the companies stuff is something you need to very hard on...........you can be absolutely certain that none of them own anything in the picture.......Dunno about there ,but if any one of them was hurt skylarking,the boss will be in court .

Back