What's new
What's new

Serial Number

ajroland67

Plastic
I have a 10K lathe. Serial number on ways is 9999KKR7, I'm trying to determine the year of manufacture. I found a formula on the internet but it comes out as 1913, I know this can't be right. Can anyone Help?

texasgeartrain

Titanium
Buy your serial card here to get year and and basic info at the time the order was placed:

When you have a copy, post it, and basic info here:

The data base is here, but yours is newer, so a little trickier to look for it chronologically:

SLK001

Stainless
I have a 10K lathe. Serial number on ways is 9999KKR7, I'm trying to determine the year of manufacture. I found a formula on the internet but it comes out as 1913, I know this can't be right. Can anyone Help?

South Bend restarted their serial numbers in 1947-48. The earlier SNs were usually numbers only, with sometimes a rare suffix letter, while the later ones had both numbers and letters, like yours. Looking at the SN book and per John above, your lathe was born between May and October, 1963.

ajroland67

Plastic
South Bend restarted their serial numbers in 1947-48. The earlier SNs were usually numbers only, with sometimes a rare suffix letter, while the later ones had both numbers and letters, like yours. Looking at the SN book and per John above, your lathe was born between May and October, 1963.
Thanks for the information.

ajroland67

Plastic
Thanks