What's new
What's new

Shipping VMC with coolant tank under machine — possible ?

Milacron

Administrator
Staff member
Or impossible as the installed coolant tank leaves no space for tie downs chains ?

Not to be rude, but isn't that kinda like asking "will this chair fit in my car?" without any more information.

More constructively, if tank is small enough and machine is large enough, see if you can put it inside the machine. Although your buyer might not appreciate that?

Definitely leaves no room for tie-down chains.
I've seen machines strapped over the top with ratchet straps but that's for the wtf

Last two machines had coolant tanks on 2 separate 8' x12' plywood pallets (August 2022). Yeah, real plywood with real 2x4s, plenty of 2x4s. Making a shop wall as needed wall about that size.

If it can stand on the shopfloor with coolanttank underneeth it can also on the truck floor Be creative with strapping it I did bolt a big I beam on top of the colomn once to strap the machine
Peter

My DMG could be shipped this way, slides in from the side. Brother from the back, also ok. My old Bridgeport VMC1000s might have been a problem as the tanks wrapped around one entire side and across the front meaning you had no hold down access from 2 opposite sides.
I would say if you are loading the machine and it is staying on that truck for the journey, and you are satisfied when it leaves, NBD. IF it has to change trucks on the way, maybe not.

Back