What's new
What's new

Shizuoka/Matchmaker

Mark McGrath

Diamond
Bought a Matchmaker cnc mill,unseen,to get the heidenhain control.It`s five hundred miles away and nobody wants to tell me the model.It`s a knee mill,40 int spindle and fifteen pot toolchanger.Got a 155 control.
I believe Yamazen sold these as Shizuoka in different parts of the world.I need to know the exact weight.I`ve got a picture but don`t know how to put it on here.Anyone recognise this from the sparse info I`ve got and come up with a spec?
Mark.

Saw one on Google Images. It's a Shizuoka AN-S knee mill. These are 4420 as bare iron from Shizuoka. Figure on +1000lbs for control and stuff, I'd say 6k would be a safe bet. I've got one without a blocked up overarm or tool changer, and it's pretty much 5k with the control, motors, and cabinets.

32 x 18 x 5.5+16 axis travels, decent machine if it isn't wore out. I use mine for Aluminum all the time. They have 1-3/16 ball screws on the table, the Z is MTB dependent, since they didn't ship from Shizuoka with a Z axis screw.

Bought a Matchmaker cnc mill,unseen,to get the heidenhain control.It`s five hundred miles away and nobody wants to tell me the model.It`s a knee mill,40 int spindle and fifteen pot toolchanger.Got a 155 control.
I believe Yamazen sold these as Shizuoka in different parts of the world.I need to know the exact weight.I`ve got a picture but don`t know how to put it on here.Anyone recognise this from the sparse info I`ve got and come up with a spec?
Mark.

Hi Mark - just PM'd you.

Murray

Back