What's new
What's new

shop pics

gypsywheeler

Plastic
after some thought.....ow...ow...
because of the size of some of the pictures I have removed the images from the post and instead have left the links.....I could have made them a lot smaller but I wanted to keep the detail for those (like me) who like to spy....

first here I am with my pal Rex...

www.members.shaw.ca/jpmenard/jacknrex.jpg

here I am having serious fun with one of my favorite aeroplanes.....C-IDSP

www.members.shaw.ca/jpmenard/CIDSPand%20ME.jpg

pic taken from the door of my shop.....Boxford ME10 lathe 10X30, mig,stick,gas welding. fire ext. corner of 4 ton hydraulic press

www.members.shaw.ca/jpmenard/LATHE1.JPG

what passes for a milling machine around here.....

www.members.shaw.ca/jpmenard/MILL.JPG

looking to the right, compressor lurking against the far wall, part washer on the right.....that's my tool -bit grinder, I take any and all grinding/buffing/sandblasting outside
engine parts and Rotax 447 SC engine that formerly powered C-IDSP (42 HP)

www.members.shaw.ca/jpmenard/east.jpg

looking to the left, on left 'nuther fire ext. welding leathers, the yellow coil is shop air and on a hook behind that is a dremel. Vise mounted on a grinder stand can hold long stuff on the bench behind it, I can also use it outside or wherever...behind that small drill press...straight ahead is an oil lamp and computer, both get used...Variac on the wall.

www.members.shaw.ca/jpmenard/west.jpg

the mechanicking bench looked at from the back of the shop....the engine on the bench is the current engine in C-IDSP Rotax 503 DC(54 HP).... I just put in new piston pins and bearings, honed the jugs, decarboned pistons, new gaskets....new seals and bearings in the gear box...as soon as the weather warms up I'll put it back in the plane....toolbox on the right holds specialty Rotax engine tools....

www.members.shaw.ca/jpmenard/bench.jpg

if I get no complaints I'll post a few more

Jack

[This message has been edited by gypsywheeler (edited 12-31-2002).]

[This message has been edited by gypsywheeler (edited 01-07-2003).]

Gyp, Great photos! You may want to try making them a bit smaller. I also see that you are a Kermit fan. Is he a good helper, does he provide moral support? I might recommend that you sit him on his butt, he could get dizzy hanging upside down like that.

NIce shop and nice little doggy.
biggrin.gif
regards Alistair

Back