What's new
What's new

Show me your....FORK LIFT!

I bought a bulldozer and a trencher today, look what they threw in to seal the deal. Don’t know much about it its been setting for a while. I will know more when I get it home.
e467ff0c8a99a8bf7bfc051f2295ff64.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I have a couple here, the "bleeding beast", Hyster 7k boxcar special....leaks transmission fluid like mad, me = too occupied with other stuff to figure it out, just keep pouring more in....sigh.

And my trusty Clark C500-30, extremely handy in close quarters.

Even can be used outside of the box (inside of the box, really!!) for setting trusses with a custom end-effector :)

I used to have one of those little clarks just like that. Smoked a lot, and had to top off trans fluid occasionally, but couldn't be killed! Sold it to a buddy who is still using it afaik. Great little lift trucks!

Last week I switched from solid rubber tires to pneumatic tires. So much better now in the gravel and off road. I wish I did it years ago. Kept the same split rims. I was able to pop the original solid non marking tires off the rims with minimal issue. Installed the new tires with tubes and flaps. Currently running 60 PSI they are rated up to 143 PSI. Tires tubes and flaps were about $250 shipped.
14fe2eb01753fac1b78f2554a5e79424.jpg

c41e6c64beeed60abcad2d31ad7df60d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Got another forklift, my good friend and I did some trading. This one was headed for the bone pile. The motor is bad and I have a good one out of an Allis forklift I will be parting out.
1733d1e64f583d37392aa50c34b95692.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

This is a Clark Cf25 that I just bought and would love to replace the muffler. Is it a hard job? Can I even find one? Thanks

Just under a year, so I guess the thread's not real dead yet.

I just picked up a Moto-Truc X-Tend-R stand-up/ride-on forklift, and I'm looking for some reference material. I've got one located on the ebay, but am looking for other possible owners. It's supposed to be a 3000 lb. machine, battery, made by Baker in Cleveland. It has a pantograph that will extend the forks out to the edge of the front wheels, likely at reduced capacity. Supposedly 20' lift. Need to address a wheel bearing issue in the non-driven rear wheel. Should be fun.

This is my Clark IT60N forklift. Only rated for 6000lbs but it will do 7. Just rebuilt the 225 slant six 2 years ago. Forward reverse with a borg warner 4 speed so it will do 30 forward and reverse. Never have towed it yet. It comes in so handy in town when i have welding projects i just take the skid and forklift and go.DSC04825R.jpg

So it's just got an iron case BW 4 speed in it like from a pickup truck? Nice and simple with parts availability.

This is my Clark IT60N forklift. Only rated for 6000lbs but it will do 7. Just rebuilt the 225 slant six 2 years ago. Forward reverse with a borg warner 4 speed so it will do 30 forward and reverse. Never have towed it yet. It comes in so handy in town when i have welding projects i just take the skid and forklift and go.View attachment 335227

1d059e67edeb897646fd8be427ef0b0b.jpg

Mine is a 1960s BKS (German company which was at some point owned by Yale), with a 1952 Daimler-Benz OM636 Diesel engine (popular in Unimogs, tractors, boats and what Mercedes Benz was selling as luxury cars at the time). Still running great. 3300 lbs capacity. Manual transmission with a clutch, two forward speeds and two reverse. No power steering. Has since been done up a bit, rust removed and a bit of new paint. New tires, new fluids, and so on. Waiting for the good weather to do a proper paint job on it.

9410f33b145f570077e33a3aa6fac64f.jpg

Here it is moving the Hardinge HLV to the new shop. It has 45” forks. I also made some fork extensions to handle longer machines.

Last edited:
I have several, but this is my largest:

Scott and Intl 530_C.jpg

It's good for up to 20,000 lbs.

I also use a Cat 420Dit backhoe with forks. It's good for 8,000 lbs.

For smaller stuff, a John Deere 270 skid steer is good for around 3,600 lbs.

In the shop I have a Crown Reach Truck style forklift. Handy as heck and can pick up almost 4K lbs. For a little more serious loading, we step up from a forklift to a crane. This one is good for 50,000 lbs.

Crane.jpg

Does anyone run a newer electric lift truck with a Lithium battery ? Especially curious about the outdoor rated ones, seems like some big electric machines available now from Cat and some other vendors.

Does anyone run a newer electric lift truck with a Lithium battery ? Especially curious about the outdoor rated ones, seems like some big electric machines available now from Cat and some other vendors.

As much as I love the idea of lithium batteries it seems like a poor idea on an electric forklift as the lead acid batteries usually make up a lot of the weight for counterbalancing the lift.

As much as I love the idea of lithium batteries it seems like a poor idea on an electric forklift as the lead acid batteries usually make up a lot of the weight for counterbalancing the lift.

They just add Iron or make it longer

This one is only 6K capacity but it is 4WD, diff lock, 14" of side shift, runs on diesel, will lift 28' and tilt foreword over 30 degrees.

IMG_3474 (1).jpg

Never had an electric forklift truck myself. For those who do use them or have used them in the past, what are your experiences regarding their reliability, compared to internal combustion engine types?

I like the idea of less noise while operating, but when I was looking for a truck, second hand, all the electrics that I saw were ready for the scrap yard, even when only 10 years old. I did see many much older diesel forklifts that still have a lot of life in them and were pretty much ready to work. None of the electrics I saw were ready to work. Most needed batteries, some had fried boards, and they all looked much more beat up.

The old ones still surviving in daily professional use around here are all diesel.

I like all of my modern cordless electric everything, I have yet to try a forklift or car. Electronics and battery tech has come a long way in the last 10 years but at the same time it is more throwaway than ever, less repairable than ever and for the price of a forklift or car it makes it kind of scarry for me anyhow, when I want one of those Items I kind of need it to work and am not likely to have a rack full of spares.

Back