What's new
What's new

SL 30 Jumping Offsets

Barto1

Plastic
Hey there,

I'm having an issue with a Haas SL 30. We run about 3in diameter plastic wheels by the thousands and usually don't need
to change offsets to complete the job. The machine has an issue now where it will run say 5 parts fine and then suddenly change
the x axis offset by anywhere from .02"-.08". The actual offset doesn't get changed, it's as if the machine X origin changed by that
amount and that's where the offsets are now reading from. Tools are all tight as can be and we've ran orders of these parts for years.
Also, I contacted my local Haas dealer and they suggested I disable X therm Comp sensor which I did but made no difference.
Just wondering if anyone has had a similar issue and knows of a solution before I go and get the service guy out.

In my experience when they have encoder problems they figure it out and alarm

Yes. Mine too but it might be something to look at. Usually you can clear the alarm and get some machine time before it goes off again. Not sure if he is the one running the machine or not.

I had a sl 40 that did the same thing 2011 machine tried everything. Ended up being the mocon board. It would jump just like what you are saying. You could restart machine and maybe it would be fine for a while
Don

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Hey Thanks for you input, I'll probably go ahead and get the service guy out. I'll let you know the solution

Back