What's new
What's new

SL10 wiring question

SeymourDumore

Diamond
Guys

Does anyone have a wiring diagram of, or "how does it work" for the chuck clamp/unclamp solenoid on a first generation SL lathe?
It is a parker valve, but it only has a single solenoid with 2 wires.
It is a 120V AC coil, so I have absolutely no idea how it shuttles back and forth?

This machine does not yet have the prox switches on the actuator, so all it sees is the footswitch and then operates the solenoid.
After a certain amount of "dwell" it assumes that chuck is either opened or closed.

In any case, the problem is that the chuck is now closed and nothing I can do to open it up.
Tracing down the wiring now ( goes through a couple of plugs and another two bulkhead cables ) to see what the hell is up.
Is there a fuse somewhere for the solenoid?
There is a circuit breaker for the hydraulic pump, but cannot find a damned thing for the solenoid itself.

OK, so the coil on the damned solenoid is what's burned up.

The solenoid is a Parker 2 position, spring offset valve ( trying to figure out how that works ... ) with a 120V coil.
There are no numbers on the coil other than 120V-60 and 21W.
Which is great as I know what it is, but there is no place I can find that lists only the coil.

Is it possible that they don't sell the coil by itself?
Grainger has Parker coils of 3 different types, none looks anything like what I need.

I have the same machine. Also having issues with the chuck unclamp clamp. I can’t help with the part number, I suggest you take it or email Parker a picture. Maybe that will be enough to get a number.
Haas doesn’t make it easy to find parts from oem sources.

OK, so here is the jiffy.

The parker valve is obsolete, but there is a direct replacement.
The direct Parker valve is D1VW020BNYPF. Can be had online for around $400 US.
This is in all ways the same as the original, except the electrical solenoid configuration is different and it now uses a standard 5/8 dia stem solenoid.
The original was a 3/4, no longer used anywhere so no factory replacement that I found.

Now the good news, Haas does have a direct replacement which is now a Rexroth valve, Haas part# 93-0459.

Back