What's new
What's new

Soft Limit Adjustment? Fanuc OT - Feeler FTC-10

Raymgriff

Plastic
Hi All,

I've got a Feeler FTC-10 lathe with a Fanuc OT controller that's giving us grief with the soft limits.

I've checked the hard limits at parameters 702 and 703 and they're good. When moving the z-axis independently after homing, I'm able to jog or handwheel along z right up to the hard limit without issue (-290000) and everything matches up. Unfortunately as soon as I move down in the x-axis, the combined positions of the two axes triggers a soft limit at just -243000 (47mm away from the z-axis hard limit) which prevents me from getting close in to the chuck with my shorter tools.

I'm sure it's likely just a parameter that's causing the issue but I can't seem to find it.

As I mentioned. Independently the z-axis can be moved all the way to it's limit, and likewise the x axis has full range of motion so long as I'm not too far along in the z axis. It's the combined position where I go beyond z-243000 and x-54000 that it locks me out with soft limit 2 error. I cant for the life of me find the parameter responsible and I've gone through all the diagnostic and parameter pages looking for a number that might correlate with an offset or position that is in line with the soft limits that I'm experiencing. No luck.

Has anyone experienced this before? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks a lot in advance,

Ray

dandrummerman21

Stainless
Those ARE the soft limits. Soft, meaning "software"

The hard limits are the actual physical overtravel switches, that basically activate an e-stop condition.

However, I think you're describing a soft limit "zone", and I believe parameters 743-745 and 747-749 might be the "culprit". And there's a third set of numbers from 804-806 and 807-809 as well.

I hope that helps.

In manual B–61404E/08, section 6.3 "STROKE CHECK" talks about how to set it.

Edit: I realize the manual I referenced was for a 0m control, not a 0t. your parameters will be similar, probably, but you'll want to reference a 0t parameter manual which I don't have on me right this second. Same goes for the explanation on their use.

edit 2: according to 0t-D manual 62550EN, stroke limit 2 are parameters 770-776 and are only valid when parameter 20.4 is set to 1

Last edited: