What's new
What's new

[Solved] Hardinge HC Replacement Parts Help Please

Pei-Yi Kim

Plastic
[EDIT2: Problem identified; machine fixed and backup parts will be ordered with next PM, Thanks again everyone!]

[EDIT: Just noticed there is a forum section for "Wanted Parts"; apologies if I posted in the wrong section and Mods please relocate thread if you feel the same]

Our trusty Hardinge HC broke down the other day and I am hoping someone here has the replacement parts we need.
Panel Photo.png
Photo of parts once panel is opened:
Photo of parts inside.png
Even though they say "Spec. 49009," that may not be the actual part number. We need to replace both of these.

Plate Info for machine:
Plate photo.png

Hardinge says their closest part number nowadays is CH001114101:
CH001114101.jpg
Please let me know if you have the parts we are looking for; Thanks in advance for your time and help.

Last edited:
You might try Richlin on the east coast and Omniturn on the west coast. Both have done a lot of conversions of HCs and probably have piles of parts laying around. If worst comes to worst, I did a conversion on a Tsugami copy of an HC and still have the controls for it. Some of the parts are directly interchangeable. I bought a new collet closer from Hardinge and the only thing I had to do was ream a hole from 1/2 to 13mm to make it fit.
Scratch the Tsugami possibility. They did not use an electric spindle control, the box I have is the carriage feed.

Last edited:
Thanks, FredC I will give Richlin and Omniturn a try and see if they have what we are looking for.

Wild guess..........they are Ohmite wire wound rheostats.
Might try Newark, Digikey, Allied, Mouser electronic parts supply houses if not Ohmite company direct.

Maybe this one??

Last edited:
I will give all suggestions a go.

GT6_Racer: Paul Babin has been very helpful; does not have these spare parts but has given me a few other places to try as well.​

dkmc: thanks for the link to the rheostats; will definitely look into these for replacement parts.​

Last edited:
I had suspected that it wasn't these two rheostats as the chance of both failing at the same time seemed slim.

We got another engineer to come and take a look and he narrowed down the issue to some lever inside the electric box that got bent / stuck in the wrong position. Although he also suggested replacing these two rheostats with our next PM for good measure.

Thanks again for all the help; I'm glad the ol' Hardinge is running again so we can keep on churning out product.

Back