What's new
What's new

Source for double ended threaded studs. 1/4-20 on one end, 3/8-16 on other.

huleo

Hot Rolled
Title pretty much sums this up. I have checked all typical sources and just can't find these. I don't want a hex in the middle or anything. Just a basic threaded stud adapter. I really would like to have these in any flavor of stainless. Surely someone makes something. I see a lot of these for converting to metric threads and such for cars.

john.k

Diamond
How many?...if only a handful,make them yourself by getting some 3/8 bolts,cut off the heads to length,then thread........if you use a die head ,the chasers will easily cut the 3/8 down to 1/4 as part of the threading operation.

MrWhoopee

Hot Rolled
Yeah, I would say around 10 is what I need.

You came to a machining forum to ask where you can buy a small quantity of something that a first year apprentice could easily make? Sounds like about 2 hours work including coffee break.

specfab

Titanium
The easiest way I've found to cobble something together like that is to get bolts long enough, cut off the heads to your desired length in the lathe, drill and tap the cut-off end for the smaller diameter. Bond in a set screw of appropriate length, with high-strength threadlocker. Probably not good if they are subject to internal combustion engine duty, but for most anything else.