What's new
What's new

South Bend 10L feed change lever

brook07

Plastic
Looking to purchase a feed change lever for a South Bend 10L. Original lever split during removal, the previous owner painted over to hide the crack. E-bay has not been helpful, to many 9 inch. Will a 9 inch SB have the same center to center dimension as a 10L. I truly would like to get my lathe going again.

Thank you Gary and Mike. I'll see if I can find someone who is very good at welding. I have a mill machine and can mill the weld on the back side in order to swing free. I did think on welding, however, I was not sure if it might be possible. I'm 70 and the eyes just don't focus like they use to. Thank you both for the feedback.

Post a picture of the condition of the lever so we can see how bad it is. Maybe someone will volunteer to help you out.

I've TIG brazed a bit of cast iron with aluminum bronze wire with excellent results.

I've brought it to a guy I have worked with who is a licensed welder. He stated that it would not be a problem to weld the lever via MIG. He stated he would refer with fellow welders if TIG would be a better choice then doing the work via MIG. In either case he sees no problem in doing a weld repair of the lever. Thank you for your input, it is always appreciated by all who use the forum for advice.

Back