What's new
What's new

South Bend Loaner Tools

sceason

Plastic
Hi Paula,
I'm in the process of machining the same T-slot cross slide casting from Andy that you machined and wrote about, and would love to borrow that gib spreader tool you got from gunsmither if its still available, are not too much trouble to send. I'm happy to pay your postage costs. My computer suffered a lightening strike last Tue (June 9) so I'm only able to access PM on a limited basis now from work, but will try and check for a response ASAIC. Or call me via cell at 757.647.0571. Thx Paula! Steve PS: Love your posts on milling that cross slide. Nice job!!!
Steve

Paula

Titanium
Hi Paula,
I'm in the process of machining the same T-slot cross slide casting from Andy that you machined and wrote about, and would love to borrow that gib spreader tool you got from gunsmither if its still available, are not too much trouble to send. I'm happy to pay your postage costs. My computer suffered a lightening strike last Tue (June 9) so I'm only able to access PM on a limited basis now from work, but will try and check for a response ASAIC. Or call me via cell at 757.647.0571. Thx Paula! Steve PS: Love your posts on milling that cross slide. Nice job!!!
Steve

Hi Steve,

I'm glad you enjoyed the cross slide thread. The spreader clamps were sent to another forum member back in March. I don't recall his user-name offhand, but if you email or PM me, I can give you his contact info. Or, perhaps he will see this and speak up.

Paula

bigearl67

Hot Rolled
I have a bunch of the little 1/8” balls that are used for many of the larger taper attachments, You know, the ones that fall on the floor when you take the shaft out and proceed to roll to parts unknown. PM me if you need any.

jeko

Plastic
Hi Steve,

I'm glad you enjoyed the cross slide thread. The spreader clamps were sent to another forum member back in March. I don't recall his user-name offhand, but if you email or PM me, I can give you his contact info. Or, perhaps he will see this and speak up.

Paula

That would be me. Steve - send me your address in a PM and I'll ship the clamps out ASAP. They really are quite handy.

Thanks, Paula!

Ferrous Antiquos

Titanium
Spindle Nose Taps Available

I've come into possession of two taps:

1-1/2" - 8 Taper type, some busted teeth but still useable for chasing, with extra long shank.

2-1/4" -8 Bottoming type, brand-new Greenfield.

If anyone needs the 1-1/2, let me know and I'll ship it for the cost of back and forth postage.

For the 2-1/4, I'd prefer not to lend the tap, but will chase out or finish tap to final size whatever you want to send, at no charge (you cover the postage).

Silvermine

Plastic
John;

Where did you get the manual impact driver? I've got one, purchased from Sears, but it is big, way too big to use on lathe screws. Your's looks like a baby version of mine. Thanks for the help.

jeagan

Cast Iron
Hi,

I have no idea where my impact driver came from. I have had it forever and have used it only a dozen times. It's great to remove the Phillips head screws that hold Honda rotors onto the hub!

You should be able to find them on eBay or by doing a Google search. PM me if you need me to loan you mine.

Jeagan.

Paula

Titanium
Clamps, clamps, who's got the spreader clamps??
what-2-do.gif

Cliff, I'll PM you Steve's email address. He may not be checking the forum all that often. I'm not even sure if he received the clamps from Jeko.

Folks, we should try to use this thread to keep track of the whereabouts of these "pass around" items. Let us know if you have the item, and when it's available for the next borrower.

Paula

SWIGIN

Cast Iron
I have just ordered a T slot cross slide and would like to use the gib holder when you are done with it.

thanks
wayne