What's new
What's new

South Bend Loaner Tools

Swigin,
I have the box, all 3 are in the box. I will ship on Wed the18th Please take the time to post when you receve the package so that all will know you have them. they should work well for your aplacation as they did mine.

Thanks to Wallpaperman for sending out the clamps so quick. I must of received them on Saturday the 21 but i didn't see that i got them till today.

So if anyone needs the Gib clamps I have them and should be done with them within a week.

thanks
Wayne

drylakemachine said:
Wanye, Just checking to see if you still have the dovetail clamps,Up coming project,don't need them just yet
jim

Yes, they will be sent out tomorrow.

Sent out to above member on 1-25-10.

Please post here when you receive them and good luck.

Headstock refurb: Flex-Hones to lend

(Just realized this sticky was here so reposting)

I recently rebuilt--tried anyway--my headstock and purchased these two Flex-Hones:

flex-hone.jpg

These are McMaster #'s 4424A32 & 4424A28, 2" and 1.5", 180 grit. Cost $47.93

As far as I can tell they have a lot of life left in them and I don't want to sell them in case what I did doesn't last; so, if they are of use to anyone here I'd like to lend them. Just cover postage and return them within a couple of weeks.

From what I gathered online and from Flex-Hone these aren't meant to rebore the journals, just smooth them. They were pretty easy to use.

Disclaimer: I'm a beginner and spent some time researching what to do after my spindle seized. After a few hours of running everything seems to be fine--but I have little experience and maybe am not too picky or just don't know how to check well enough so no claims are being made that these will work for you or even that they are the right way to go.

Just wanted to try and give something back for all that I learn here and the help received.

Gary

clamps

Wayne ,No problem with the box ,looked like it was just hand carried accross the street.A t -slot cross slide.Next project among many.
tHanks jim
I'll let you all know when I'm done with them.

Need #1 Morse Taper Reamer

I recently purchased a spindle with a #1 Morse taper and need to "clean-up" the taper. Does anybody have a #1 Morse reamer that they would be willing to loan. Shipping should be about $5.00 each way and I don't see that they can be bought for anything near $10.00.

Thank you, John.

Wow!

I'm new here and just wanted to say that this is quite a group. Why can't more folks be more like machinists!

Dennis

Jim .. Drylakemachine,

Hello do you know who has the gib spreaders for the t-slot cross feed. I am working on one and could use them soon.

ED S

Seeing as my 9C is not runing yet, I took the lazy way out and picked up a 1.5-8 tap not long ago. If anyone needs it, shoot me a PM or an email.

Andy
is that a tap on my windowsill. or am I just happy to be here? :rolleyes5:

:D

Attachments

• 1_5-8 tap.jpg
    1_5-8 tap.jpg
    32.3 KB · Views: 744

Back