What's new
What's new

Speedio Alarm - Control Power Shortage

The speedios regen a LOT of current when they stop. Probably more than the phase perfect can dissipate. You can probably slow down the spindle accel/decel to make the problem go away, at a cost of some cycle time.
Spent close to a year doing these methods to try to get the PP to keep up with the Brother to no avail. The spindle accel/decel parameters in the Brother are not accessible even by Yamazen. You will have to manually add lines to the program with spindle speed commands. We finally went with a rotary.

My customers turned me on to PP and I recommended it many times but not any more. The folks who bought rotary style do not have the same issues. PP seems to have lost the recipe for the smaller unit and the customers who are happy bought larger than recommended units. I am specifying a new showroom facility in the northwest and it will be in a flex unit where we will use a phase converter. I will spec an American Rotary.

Yup, I'm now told the Phase Perfect 10hp has 50A hall sensors which throw an over-current at 4x (200A) and the 15hp and 20hp have 100A rated hall sensors. Does >200A seem for mid-high RPM re-gen seem right ? ... Otherwise, I gather the previous PT330 10hp has more going for it, hence the number of people who don't have issue.

What does your install manual say for maximum amp load?

The Brother manual states 100A/ph for Peak Startup. Nothing for re-gen. But I'm guessing how hard it brakes it could easily be over 200A.

Again this fault only happens on spindle stoppage - it can accelerate to full rpm quickly and without hesitation. However, on spindle stoppage at and above 12K RPM the phase converter shuts off.

Back