What's new
What's new

Step up transformer

I’ll check with the the tech support at Phase Technologies, but I think the 32 amps is the steady state amperage and the unit will handle start up surges of two times that. Thanks for your comment.

Good thoughts. I have an electricIan coming for a sight visit next week. im told he knows more about these DeVlieg’s than anyone else in the Detroit area.

To provide a little feedback. My Electrition made a site visit yesterday. It took four hours but he got the machine running and obeying the controls correctly. Turned out on of the four motors was connected with the wrong polarity. Once connected correctly the machine ran great. The only problem yet to overcome is that the phase converter trips off when the machine is drawing a lot of amps, say with three of the motors working at the same time. We both think I will need to go to a larger power source. As much as I hate the expense, Im considering buying a larger Phase Perfect converter. Probably heading for a 20 HP 440 volt model.

I wanted to give everyone who helped me some follow up. I’ve finally got the Devlieg up and running. Did my first paying job yesterday. Thanks, everyone.

Attachments

• 4674FDDC-3A86-47C9-B657-DCD2591D02A7.jpeg
    4674FDDC-3A86-47C9-B657-DCD2591D02A7.jpeg
    99.7 KB · Views: 32
  • 011B5388-F05E-42D5-9E96-C52B70C0FA7E.jpeg
    011B5388-F05E-42D5-9E96-C52B70C0FA7E.jpeg
    104.4 KB · Views: 32
  • 8986C1D3-9C19-4DAD-B991-49C4E0005DED.jpeg
    8986C1D3-9C19-4DAD-B991-49C4E0005DED.jpeg
    98.4 KB · Views: 32
Hello, I had a question about your devlieg . I have the same machine. It just got delivered up here today and unloaded (Houghton Lake Michigan). I am running an American phase converter AD 25 . 220 volts. The machine is labeled 380 / 440 . I am wondering what your machine was labeled. I haven’t put power to it yet. Hopefully I don’t have to get a transformer.

Hello, I had a question about your devlieg . I have the same machine. It just got delivered up here today and unloaded (Houghton Lake Michigan). I am running an American phase converter AD 25 . 220 volts. The machine is labeled 380 / 440 . I am wondering what your machine was labeled. I haven’t put power to it yet. Hopefully I don’t have to get a transformer.
Just saw your post. I believe you will need a transformer to power it. I’ve gone through the same issue recently. I have a 10 HP phase converter putting out 220 volts. I ran this through a 220 to 440 step up transformer to power it.

Well isn't this thread a mess with missing posts? :ack2:

--------------------

Think Snow Eh!
Ox

One reason that it's important to use the "Reply" button and get posts you are responding to quoted. This also helps when someone edits their post such that your reply doesn't make sense, so your reply doesn't end up making people scratch their heads trying to figure it out. BTDT! :D

Just saw this. Did you get your Devlieg running? I have an extra transformer if you need one.

I wanted to post some feedback. It took me a little while to learn the controls on this machine.
I have been operating the machine for the last 3 months without the phase perfect tripping off.
I didn’t have to buy a larger phase converter after all. Very happy!
All in all, it is a great machine and enjoy ever minute on it. Thanks for everyone with advice given.

Once connected correctly the machine ran great. The only problem yet to overcome is that the phase converter trips off when the machine is drawing a lot of amps, say with three of the motors working at the same time.

I have been operating the machine for the last 3 months without the phase perfect tripping off.

Out of curiosity what did you do differently to not trip the phase perfect? Just a matter of running the machine gently?

Initially I was using the start and stop spindle push buttons to operate the spindle. Once I started to use the spindle lever to start and stop the spindle , I no longer had a problem. I think the buttons must have caused a large current inrush that tripped the protective feature of the Phase Perfect. .

A little more follow up on the 2B. I believe all the initial electrical problems I was having with my Phase Perfect tripping off, was due to the plugging switch. When I brought the machine home, the spindle would coast slowly to rest and was obviously not plugging. The switch was inspected and found to be wired incorrectly. once this was fixed the electrics worked without flaw.

Back