What's new
What's new

Straight sided Vibe deburr machine, parts sticking to sides.

dkmc

Diamond
My Royson 1.5 cu ft machine is great. Except the urethane liner sides are flat and smooth. Any part with even a little flat section will stick to the sides via suction, and just ride there and not get deburred. Could I glue a ribbed sheet of urethane to the sides that are there? Special glue? Mcmaster sells sheets, I could probably get one that's 3/8" thick and either mill or cut grooves with a rotary burr. Anybody has similar issues with a vibe-deburr machine?

I have a Mr. Deburr tub with a new liner glued in. No idea how they did it, but it's got to be possible.

I heard the liners are poured in the tub with an insert. "Cast in" I think is the term.

Yes. I have one that's been relined. It is not poured. It's sheet, like conveyor belting glued inside. Whoever did it did a nice job. Looks great.

You can cast a liner if you're tumbler is ribbed on the inside to give it grip. I ran a toolroom for a company that had tumblers that looked like rotocast rubbish bins. The liners were cast urethane with ribs for locating in the bins and ribs on the inside. If you could anchor it some other way to your tumbler such as glueing it would probably work also.

I used a big bowl type that got a new liner sprayed in by a shop that did truck beds that worked perfectly. The surface was naturally bumpy and parts didn't stick. If you go this route you have to make sure they use the good higher priced urethane vs the cheap stuff.

Last edited:
I used a big bowl type that got a new liner sprayed in by a shop that did truck beds that worked perfectly. The surface was naturally bumpy and parts didn't stick. If you go this route you have to make sure they use the good higher priced urethane vs the cheap stuff.
I thought bedliner is a harder material than what they use in these vibe units. Most tub liners are over 1/2" thick, was the bed liner that thick? I'm thinking about getting a small sheet (24 x 24) from Mcmaster, 1/2" thick. Milling or just hand grinding a 'pattern' of slits in one side then gluing the back side to the inside of the tub. Oddly only the one side wall has the part sticking issue, they never seem to stick to the opposite side of the tub. I suspect there is special glue for urethane, haven't found it yet.

I thought bedliner is a harder material than what they use in these vibe units. Most tub liners are over 1/2" thick, was the bed liner that thick? I'm thinking about getting a small sheet (24 x 24) from Mcmaster, 1/2" thick. Milling or just hand grinding a 'pattern' of slits in one side then gluing the back side to the inside of the tub. Oddly only the one side wall has the part sticking issue, they never seem to stick to the opposite side of the tub. I suspect there is special glue for urethane, haven't found it yet.
This was on a 5' wide bowl and the liner was around 3/8' to 1/2" thick. I ran it for about 4 years a lot. While most of the use was aluminum parts in plastic media we did a lot of rough steel plates that were going through our ceramic so fast that I started using the decorative rock around the shop to save $$$. When the rocks wore down some I would swap them out with new so it wasn't obvious, and it worked as well as the ceramic. When I left you could see that there was some wear as the liner was smoother but no delamination or cuts. Not all bed liner urethanes are the same, there is cheap and sorta works and expensive but works much better.

I don't think adhering to urethane is hard, the trouble is adhering to a soft part so you need an adhesive that remains pliable. I have used a toughened epoxy from System 3 to glue 50a rubber to aluminum with good results. If need be you can cheat and flame condition the surfaces to be glued to.

Is there enough meat that you could just groove the existing liner? I'm thinking hot knife like a tire groover, or for a less aggressive method some linoleum cutting tools from an art supply?

I cast a urethane mount for concrete products sometimes that we simply epoxy to the concrete with "PC Concrete Epoxy" from ace hardware. It can break the GFRC apart before the epoxy fails from the rubber mount, somehow.

I've had this issue with small alum plates as well.
Not enough volume to doo anything about it tho.

I too was wondering if the truck bed people could just spray a small layer onto your existing liner.
That should be a rough enough surface to stop that issue I would think.

???

------------------

I am Ox and I approve this post!

My tub type tumbler came with aluminum plates that wore out in a year[I bought it used]
I bought some 1/4 urethane sheet, cut it to shape and screwed it in place with nylon screws. It doesn't fit that well and bows in the middle.
Problem solved. A 3/4 inch or so bow in the middle pretty much stops things from hugging the sides.
I also noticed water soap mixture and volume affect things sticking together etc

Back