What's new
What's new

Suggestions for BT30 Dual Contact Tool Holders for a Brother Speedio S700Xd1

At $400-$500 a pop, I’m not sure how you justify it, other than you must have found a niche product line with high margins. Congrats!
Were you referring to my post on Rego-Fix? If so, a BT30 micRun toolholder is $215 and $75 for a collet. Easily justified when you do the math on the tool life and changing out $40 tools twice as often for and dealing with a worst finish.

Spend $50 on Chinese holders like the OP posted in the original post. Want to guess how often you will replace tools, how their machines sound using them, how the surface finish looks?

Were you referring to my post on Rego-Fix? If so, a BT30 micRun toolholder is $215 and $75 for a collet. Easily justified when you do the math on the tool life and changing out $40 tools twice as often for and dealing with a worst finish.

Can you post a link to these holders? I keep hearing about them, but when I google, I'm just seeing ER holders made by Rego. Thanks

pardon my ignorance, but I don't see any links to the collets. Are they special? MSC seems to indicate it just uses ER16 collets? i'm trying to understand how they are so much better if they just use run of the mill ER16 collets. I must be missing something

Attachments

• REGO.jpg
    REGO.jpg
    82.1 KB · Views: 5
pardon my ignorance, but I don't see any links to the collets. Are they special? MSC seems to indicate it just uses ER16 collets? i'm trying to understand how they are so much better if they just use run of the mill ER16 collets. I must be missing something
So MSC does not do a great job of labeling them. They are an ER collet but Rego made some very small changes and takes the extra step to ensure their tolerances. Rego states you can use them in a normal ER holder to increase its runout. I have a MR collet in a Rego Non MR holder. Best thing to do is get on Regos website and find the part numbers for the items you want.

Also, check out the Rego-Fix youtube channel. Lots of info on there from runout, Holders, torque test....... They do a great job explaining things.

So MSC does not do a great job of labeling them. They are an ER collet but Rego made some very small changes and takes the extra step to ensure their tolerances. Rego states you can use them in a normal ER holder to increase its runout. I have a MR collet in a Rego Non MR holder. Best thing to do is get on Regos website and find the part numbers for the items you want.

Also, check out the Rego-Fix youtube channel. Lots of info on there from runout, Holders, torque test....... They do a great job explaining things.
What cutters are you holding in them? Are you using them for roughing tools as well?
I wouldn't have expected ER collets to perform that much better, powRgrip sure...

Spend $50 on Chinese holders like the OP posted in the original post. Want to guess how often you will replace tools, how their machines sound using them, how the surface finish looks?
It's been 6 years or so, I don't remember micRun, but my tooling rep quoted me RegoFix er collet holders and they were around $400 a holder. $80-$100 seems to be about right for the collets as I remember.

I recently bought a couple Maritool hydraulic holders, and the tool life increased 30% which was huge. Reminds me I need to do a follow up thread on that.

It's been 6 years or so, I don't remember micRun, but my tooling rep quoted me RegoFix er collet holders and they were around $400 a holder. $80-$100 seems to be about right for the collets as I remember.

I recently bought a couple Maritool hydraulic holders, and the tool life increased 30% which was huge. Reminds me I need to do a follow up thread on that.
Yes, please do. I've got a few in my cart that I've been looking forward to trying.

Back