What's new
What's new

Supermax Ser II Mill with Vertical AND Horizontal Spindles S Michigan

Ox

Diamond
I have a mentor and his daughter that I am trying to help clean out his building. He hasn't ran much of anything in this shop since the crash of the screw machine products market in 2001, but he has apparently continued to buy up deals when he would find them. Most of the stuff will likely just end up going to scrap, but there are a few pieces that I think should be snatched up.

If anyone is looking for any Acme multi-spindle screw machines, by all means ping me, but those are in a little deeper.
Several are 4 spindles that I don't imagine anyone will be wanting anymore, but there are several 6 bangers in there as well.
Including a couple nice Mitsubishi/Acme's.

There is a couple of Fourway brand auger type parts worshers in there. (that's what I use)
But these may not have heaters in them. They may be just for mineral spirits?

There are some old surface grinders in there. And I saw a Harig back in there, but it is deep, will git there later.

At least one #3 W&S turret lathe. I cycled the turret, it seems fine.

South central Michigan.

So, to git started, there is this Supermax mill that is interesting. Camera flash always makes them look way worse than they really are. I am sure that this unit will clean up nice with just a little elbow grease.

I guess I didn't think to check the size of the spindles. Not sure if they are 30 or 40 taper. My guess would be that at least the Hor spindle is 40, and the Vert could easily be a #40 in a "Series II", but I'm not sure right off.

This is likely a 4000# machine. It has a 51" (?) table?

$3500 seem reasonable?

DSCN3099.JPG

DSCN3100.JPG

DSCN3101.JPG

DSCN3102.JPG

---------------

Think Snow Eh!
Ox

Going to be over 5,000 lbs.
Tried to move one with a big New Holland track skidsteer, rated at 5,000 lbs, and it wouldn't budge it.
Bob

Back