What's new
What's new

Surface Grinder and Turret Lathe for sale near Port Huron

Frank R

Stainless
271288557_5392204727462641_8471070585025088323_n.jpg
Helping the owner sell some equipment.

Old surface grinder. Three phase. Not under power but the possibility exists to run power to them for testing.

$200

271374955_6798066656931980_3020754237470549964_n.jpg

South Bend Turret Lathe. Three Phase. Includes both a collet tube and a quick release collet closer.

$450

Overhead crane in the building to load.

Located just off of I69 near Wadhams, MI, west of Port Huron.

That's an Abrasive 3B. When I saw that mag chuck I knew it had pretty large capacity, same as my old B & S No 5 at 8" x 24".

Page 4 and 5 here:
Abrasive Machine Tool Co. - Publication Reprints - Abrasive Surface Grinders | VintageMachinery.org

The pdf:
http://vintagemachinery.org/pubs/2748/23005.pdf

The door say 3B, but they could have been upgraded with a pressure lube system. Makes me wonder if that's what that 2nd power button is. I'd really like to have a look at that machine, so of course its 1400 miles away :D.

I used to live by the golf course there about 12 years ago, I am still near the area. Not really the lathe I am looking for but if I hear of someone looking for one of these items I will point them this direction.

I used to live by the golf course there about 12 years ago, I am still near the area. Not really the lathe I am looking for but if I hear of someone looking for one of these items I will point them this direction.

Thank you. I would hate to see these scrapped.

Thank you. I would hate to see these scrapped.

What sort of time frame before they'd be scrapped ?

When i checked the specs, i wanna say the grinder is about 3000 lb. You mentioned and overhead crane, any chance there's a fork lift on site that could put in an LTL carrier's truck ?

What sort of time frame before they'd be scrapped ?

When i checked the specs, i wanna say the grinder is about 3000 lb. You mentioned and overhead crane, any chance there's a fork lift on site that could put in an LTL carrier's truck ?

See the third photo from my post about the 16" SB lathe to see a photo of the crane. I don't think there is a fork lift available. Might be able to drop it on a lift gate though.

I'm afraid not, called the seller yesterday and he didn't want to sell for the $200 price shown above. Wouldn't give a price and said make an offer. After looking around on marketplace I don't think much above 200 was worth it so didn't bother making an offer as it appears to be missing some of it's parts like the end shields for grinding dust.

Up and running it would be worth well over $200, but not tested not worth very much.
looks like a big wheel grinder, so expensive wheels for a small shop guy.

A variety of wheels is good for a small shop/home shop guy.
7 or 8" x 1 1/4 is good.

Back