What's new
What's new

Swapping a Frenic 5000 M2 5.5KW to replace a 3.7KW

magno_grail

Hot Rolled
The '91 VF-1 Frenic 3.7KW spindle drive is not putting out the Spindle at Speed or Spindle Stopped signals to the I/O board so the machine will not change gears. Still runs in either high or low but I have to go into the cabinet with an AC line and change gears by powering the air solenoids manually. To reduce the down time whilst I go through the 3.7KW boards, I bought a 5.5KW, same Frenic 5000 M2 model. I was hoping someone could tell me if there were any parameter changes needed. All the cabling is the same.
Fuji Electric does not service or have any information on these older drives.
Thanks.

If this manual matches the units you have which I think it does it looks like you may be okay just to swap them out. I took a brief look through it but I would encourage you to study it up first to make sure there isn't something I missed.

Attachments

• Fuji_Manuals_2206 (1).pdf
    552.7 KB · Views: 3
Thanks Marc, I checked with a Fuji repair shop and they said to check the maximum speed matches.
My M2 does not have an encoder for the spindle orientation. Both the 3.7KW and the 5.5KW only have the CN1 connector so I presume that will not be an issue. My drive is a 21A and your manual is a 22. Your manual gives the main board as EP-2809, mine is EP-2634EC and the 5.5KW is EP-2634D. Thanks anyway, any information is helpful.

Swapped out the 3.7KW for the 5.5KW and changed the settings to match the 3.7KW. Everything works. Changes gears.

Back