What's new
What's new

T2 DRIVE ALARM NEED HELP!

novation1

Plastic
Hi All,
Same machine as no video. I got a FX884 board and installed it today. The control came back to life. Problem now is there is a drive alarm problem that is keeping it from running. On the control the alarms are 13, 14 and 20. Before the monitor quit working it didn't have a drive alarm. I'm not sure now if the problem is due to this new board being from a machine with a different drive set up or some other thing that happened at the same time that the monitor went out. I put all the parameters back in the control. and they all went in ok. Every thing seems to work that can with the E-Stop alarm on. I'm guessing that it is set due to the drive alarm. The error code on the drive is 37 on both Z and X. I have a maintenance manual I downloaded from MEAU website for the drive. It seem to be saying that the error 37 is due to a incorrect initialization string sent from the control. At least that's what I got from reading it. Are there some address that are available through the diagnostic screen to change the info in the specific memory for that string. And what would the correct data be. I'm going to call MEAU tomorrow and see if they will even talk to me about this issue. I called them right after I got this machine for some information on the T2 control and while they tried to be helpful it didn't seem as thought anyone was still there that knew anything about the control.

Hopefully someone here has had this same problem and can shed a light on the solution. Making some headway, at least the control is mostly functional.
Bob
IMG_0152.JPGIMG_0153.JPGIMG_0154.JPGIMG_0159.JPG

The FX884 board has to be the same revision as the other memory/software boards (FX727, FX715..not sure of any more on the newer versions of T2 control?)

I would suspect your newer FX884 is a different revision, or possibly is meant for a mill instead of a 2-axis lathe.

The FX53 (or similar) is the board that connects the control to the servos...maybe double check it and all the connections.

ToolCat

Thanks for the reply Toolcat. I looked back at the info I got when I bought this machine and I do have the original Meldas Test Report for it. It shows the revision for all the boards that were installed in the machine at that time. The 884 board shows A/A for the version. The board I got is A/* so it may not be the same. It does have a tag on the back that shows YT2C which should be a T2 lathe. I found another board on Ebay that is an A/A and I'm trying to get that board. That FX884 board is pretty pricey compared to the other boards. Thinking back to when all this started, I'm pretty sure that the servo drive was showing the 37 error code even if the control wasn't working. The servo drive shows Ab or AA when the main is powered up which I think is normal. As soon as the NC control is powered up that's when it shows the E1-37 and E2-37 errors. I have 2 of the FX53 boards and both have the same results. I've been reading the troubleshooting section of the maintenance manual for that drive regarding that #37 error. Am I correct in assuming that the drive alarm is setting the E-stop or would that be a different issue.
Thanks,
Bob

IMG_0163.JPGIMG_0168.JPGIMG_0169.JPGIMG_0170.JPG

Yes, the E-stop is coming from the Servo Drive communication alarm.
It is possible you could have a bad servo drive, but if you did the alarm #'s would usually be different.
You probably do need to reinitialize after changing the FX884...?
ON EDIT: Worst case, you can source an entire T2 control from Ebay, or possibly here on PM.

ToolCat

Last edited:
I have been working on this and have come up with a couple of interesting things. After looking at the FX884 board and screen. It appears that there is a page missing on the parameters. From what I have read on here most T2 controls have only 3 pages. My machine has 4. That 4th page appears to have the servo parameters on it. Probably why it can't find them. I talked to one of the guys from MEAU and he told me that the parameters that the drive is looking for come from the control as none are stored on the drive. This machine has the MR-S2 dual drive on it.

I have 2 FX884 boards now and both are different. They both appear to work but one looks to be from a control for a 2 axis lathe with a tail stock and not many options. The other one looks to be from a lathe with a "C" axis and a lot of options, neither one has the 4th page of parameters.

I have a couple of other FX784-8 and -9 boards. All were sourced from Ebay. Some didn't have pictures of the back where the sticker is to identify what the board is basically for. So I ended up with one for a mill. None have QT-8 stickers on them.

Another thing I've found out in searching for a replacement boards. The FX784's and FX884 boards that have YT2 on the stickers on the back of the board don't seem to work in this machine. If I put one in the machine and turn on the control, nothing happens. No hydraulic pump or main contactor pull. If I put boards with QT-8 on the sticker in they work.

Right now I'm waiting on MEAU to get me a RMA number so I can send my FX784 boards in to be repaired. There taking their time. It says on the site that they will get back in 2 hours. it's been 6 so far. Hopefully that will work out.

IMG_0553.JPG

Back