What's new
What's new

T32-B can you program a drill to do another process as a boring bar

M K

Cast Iron
Hi

I have a Hyundai QT15n with Mazatrol T32-B

There has been a few times recently when I’ve drilled a hole using a big 35mm u drill then had to bore it out to 100mm and it would be great if I could bore it out with the U drill to save taking up another holder with a boring bar

On these older controls can you program 2 separate operations using the same tool number somehow like you can on newer machines ?

So have op1, drill, tool 1
And then op2, bore, tool 1

Thanks
Marc

Hi

I have a Hyundai QT15n with Mazatrol T32-B

There has been a few times recently when I’ve drilled a hole using a big 35mm u drill then had to bore it out to 100mm and it would be great if I could bore it out with the U drill to save taking up another holder with a boring bar

On these older controls can you program 2 separate operations using the same tool number somehow like you can on newer machines ?

So have op1, drill, tool 1
And then op2, bore, tool 1

Thanks
Marc

Does the T32B allow you to assign a letter after the tool no as the T32 does? If so just call up T1 as a drill and T1B as a boring bar, don't forget to add it to the tool data page and set both offsets and tool geometry correctly.

On my older T2 control, I cannot assign one station to have multiple functions. So what I do is probe the U-drill as a boring bar and describe it as such.

In order to drill a hole, I use a MNP process and bring the X to the drill nominal diameter (say 1.0") and then G1 Z-into the part with a feed rate, then G0 back out on Z. Then next process is a BAR IN with the same U-drill for roughing.

Thanks for the reply guys,

I had a proper look today and YES it is possible, you have to assign a letter prefix to the tool and then add that tool prefix to the tool table

So for example I used tool 2,

In my tool table I only had tool 2 described as a drill, But I didn’t realise you can add more tools to the tool table! So I then added a tool 2A and described it as a boring bar

Whenever you add another tool it then adds another tool offset column so I can touch off tool 2 at x0, z0 as you would a normal drill and then I can touch off the same tool but designated as tool 2A as if it were a normal boring bar

When I write the program I add a drill op using tool 2 then when I add the bar in op I call tool 2A

I really should have fully gone back over the manual before asking in here as all the info I needed was in there

Really helps out when your pushed for tool pockets as mine is only an 8 tool turret

Thanks
Marc

I as well have a t-32B and Would like to do the same thing. however I have been unable to figure out how to add more tools to the tool table. I have 1-8 and then just dashes after that but I can not navigate to those rows to change them. Do I need to change a parameter?

Back