What's new
What's new

T32-B QT15 breakdown horrors continue.

SO.life has been busy and ive had to let the lathe sit this whole time. im finally getting time to get back around to figuring what the heck is going on with it. started it the other day. situation has not changed. luckily i recorded the error code from before, because the screen still does not come on. i reckon first order of business is trying to get the screen replaced somehow to see if i can at least see and figure out what the next move is. anybody changed one of these out for the LCD upgrades ive seen and is it worth doing?

nice to know that misery is about to find company I just got a rotary for my machine. Gd only knows what it will throw at me after being in shipping container last 2 years.

well, things are worse now lol. i went out on a limb and bought a new lcd screen hoping i could see again, since i have power to the old one. new one comes on but immediately says no video signal, then powers off again. reckon that means my old one works just fine and theres more to that problem than the screen. ugh

after this morning i back up and going. with no screen ,i looked in the cabinet and my 116 card had 2 red lights. i had swapped it last year chasing another problem. i still had my original one which had a chip unsoldered from it from when mitsu told me to change the chip incorrectly. so i soldered it back on, and swapped the e prom, put it in. powered on, and my screen was back. whether it was the board or a connection im not sure. still had my error i had last time. i reinitialized, and everything is back to square one thankfully. im gonna let it set a bit before i reload all my tool stuff to make sure my battery issue is gone. before the screen went out, ive went through 2 batteries while sitting a short period,. this whole time my screen has been out, ive had a new battery in it, and its still charged currently. maybe that board i just took out had something wrong with it to cause that. time will tell

mazak SQT 18 MS. I now see my subspindle is stuck. will try Kroil, alternating heat and cold, brute force with deadblow hammer, taking it apart as much as I can in there. Maybe wait ( power hooked up) till can close the jaws on a 3/4" hex and try a pneumatic hammer?
IMG_20200713_094923407.jpg

Not that this will help but my first and oldest machine is a T-32. I spent 15 years wiggling and re inserting cards in the back of my machine keep it running. Then one day got mad and punched it and everything worked fine. It was a loose connection in the PD21B control think it's called. My screen would black out and the rest of the machine would run, but my controls were all dead. I spent another year simply tapping the side of it when it would black out and it would turn everything back on. Not saying it's your issue but if the screen isn't coming but all the drives in the back are on and reading ready and not an error code, then it may be a place to start looking.

Back