What's new
What's new

Talyvel 4 for sale

Asking price buried in the other thread was $2200 Euros. Tad high, but not at all out of line for having been slightly modernized and readjusted.

This Talyvel 4 is sold. I have another one to repair and calibrate, and should have it ready in late Fall. Drop me a note if you are interested.

It took me about a year longer than planned, but the next Talyvel 4 is available. Please send me a note if you are interested. This is located in Germany, and is a two-head system, fully tested and calibrated. Price is 2850 Euros, plus shipping.

I've attached some photos, including the calibration beam (not included) and the calibration plots.

This is a two-channel device, so you have the choice of either measuring A and B independently (for example have them together on a sled and measure both X and Y components of tilt) or to use the meter in differential B-A mode. There is a front panel control (10 turn potentiometer) for offsetting A, which functions in either single channel or differential mode. (The differential mode is very useful if your surface plate stands on a floor that tilts as you walk around the plate. Then you fix the A head on the plate support structure, parallel to the direction of the B head, which you use for measuring, and use B-A differential mode.)

The system runs off AC power (110, 120, 220 and 240VAC, 50/60 Hz). It also has internal rechargable batteries. I have replaced the obsolete original NiCd batteries with modern Li-Ion 18650 cells, with a constant current balancing charger. These provide more than 10 hours of run time, fully charge in about 8-10 hours, and have a very low self-discharge rate.

IMG_0081.JPGIMG_0082.JPGIMG_0087.JPGTalyvel4A.pngTalyvel4B.pngIMG_0094.JPGIMG_0079.JPGIMG_0080.JPGIMG_0078.JPG

IMG_0077.JPG

Note that the manual's claim (above) about "more than forty hours of battery life" is nonsense. The technical/service manual gets this right, stating that battery life is at leaset 10 hours without the computer interface and at least 5 hours with.

Last edited:

Back